U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM

93 posts, read 168,369 times

Advertisements

ya pelham pkwy is nice bluedog. i know people dont like the hood but it made me mad 2 read about how they want 2 put us all in the bronx n push us out. i read that on here. some lady said all section 8 and ebt put them somewhere else like outside NYC. aint going 2 happen were just amuch of part of this city than anyone else here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,443,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I still think the Bronx gets a bad rep. I wish it didn't though. The average person who is not from the Bronx views the Bronx as "Da Bronx" or the "Boogie Down". And there lies the problem. That needs to change. You start with addressing the demographic that contributes to the Bronx being "Da Bronx".
How about the Bronx zoo, Bronx is burning, or the Bronx cheer.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM

93 posts, read 168,369 times
Big bad bx :d

Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM

9,833 posts, read 21,516,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I was thinking the same thing this weekend. On Sunday I was at the Botanical Gardens with my kids walking through the azalea gardens - ridiculously beautiful. I'm just a couple of blocks away from the NYBG, and other people were there from all over the world to visit. I also think that the negative reputation has effected some people who live here - they were brought up hearing bad things about the Bronx and don't fully appreciate all the great things in their own borough. I grew up in the suburbs and couldn't walk anywhere, not even a deli much less a world class garden.

NooYowkur, where were you in Van Courtlandt? I've been a couple of times and was kind of underwhelmed, unfortunately. I've been on nature trails, but they were pretty frequently intersected by highways. It's a huge park though and I keep thinking I just haven't been to the nicest part yet.
I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly where I was but I do know I wasn't too far from the golf course if that is any help. LOL. The golf course is huge. We were past the old house and tennis courts and we ended up on a path. There were no highways where we were. Just nature.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
But you can get the same feeling if you walk in Riverdale. Only difference is the surrounding area isn't ghetto. Why? Because ghetto residents do live in Riverdale.
Don't quite understand what you meant to say here.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
The problem with the BX is that aside from a few areas, it all feels like a slum. There's no breathing room. Everything looks congested and run down. The buildings, people, cars, etc... I dont travel to or thru the Bronx unless I absolutely have to. No matter how sunny it is, it always feels grey in the Bronx.
I dunno maybe it's just me but I only get that feel in some areas in the bronx.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,524,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Don't quite understand what you meant to say here.
Meant to say DON'T live in Riverdale. Sorry.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,202,491 times
Many recommend moving to East Tremont/West Farms because "the Bronx Zoo is nearby". Most families visit that place only once a year if that.

Or that the neighborhood is full of Botanists and Veterinarians.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,737,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
How come everytime i come here i gotta see all types of hate for da bronx?!!!!

Never no hate for BK. never no hate for queens, si or manhattan!!

STOP HATING ON THE BX!!

I wish you'd post in English instead of whatever you call that. But if you think that people don't hate on Brooklyn...your eyes are shut pretty tight. (I happen to agree with you, by the way).

Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,379,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly where I was but I do know I wasn't too far from the golf course if that is any help. LOL. The golf course is huge. We were past the old house and tennis courts and we ended up on a path. There were no highways where we were. Just nature.
Thanks for the info NooYorkur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or