U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM

93 posts, read 168,585 times
Bout 2 head down there 2night after a fat spliff . see whats good wit the females dwn there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,835,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
Bout 2 head down there 2night after a fat spliff . see whats good wit the females dwn there.

Lol this is obviously the right spokesperson. I'm sold.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM

387 posts, read 530,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
Disrupting public transportation and causing delays.....hmmm sorry the 1% I know this will have no effect on as they dont ride trains to work. Its people like you me and the other 99.9899999% that is bothered..SMH
This post is 100% accurate. The OWS movement accomplished nothing execpt pad the OT checks & retirements of the NYPD.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,144,413 times
Has OWS done a great job bringing awareness to the problems in society? Of course they have. Have they offered any real solutions and have they made any real impact on the 1%? No. They're saying the right things, but it's mostly talk. I wonder how many of them vote, or would be willing to run for office. It's not the people who block traffic or send white powder to mail room workers at banks that end up influencing legislation. It's people who don't alienate and turn off the general population that do.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,046,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
umm, you know we wouldn't be a country if it wasn't for violent protesting. If you look at a number of changes that have happened in history, protests, riots, and revolutions/civil wars is where many of them came from, which all of those things disrupt those that it is there to effect.

You are more than welcome to disagree with anyone, but history is proof that protests are apart of change. Whether this movement will work or not, only a historian looking back will be able to answer that question for us.
No sheet chief, you trying to dazzle me with basic history? What does all that ↑ ↑ ↑ mess have to do with my compliment to sobroguy? Must of been a long flight from Portland in to Newark airport.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 PM

3,245 posts, read 4,173,360 times
Occupy Wall Street May Day Protests - NY Daily News

Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,316,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
No sheet chief, you trying to dazzle me with basic history? What does all that ↑ ↑ ↑ mess have to do with my compliment to sobroguy? Must of been a long flight from Portland in to Newark airport.
Guess i thought you needed someone to point the obvious out to you cause your post to sobroguy seemed kind of pointless....much like your attempt to try wnd knock me from being from Portland....

Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM

3,333 posts, read 3,294,110 times
Physical violence or economic violence (boycotts) work. When they wise up to this, let me know.

I'm not advocating anything but history shows that peaceful protests don't work. Fear of physical or economic harm ultimately drives change.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 PM

460 posts, read 512,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I'm not advocating anything but history shows that peaceful protests don't work.
Not true: Nonviolent resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
umm, you know we wouldn't be a country if it wasn't for violent protesting.
How is this relevant? OWS is not a violent movement.

On another note: urbanlife83 shows up in another OWS thread, how 'bout that!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 PM

14,908 posts, read 17,476,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Physical violence or economic violence (boycotts) work. When they wise up to this, let me know.

I'm not advocating anything but history shows that peaceful protests don't work. Fear of physical or economic harm ultimately drives change.
Owe protesters need to boycott apple and starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City