Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM

52 posts, read 88,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
yet I see the youth beginning to get involved with the politics of this country...but nevermind that, just keep pretending like the problems will just go away...
Specific examples please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
Goddamn hippies, I wish they'd just go away, instead of whining and bitching about stupid stuff like income inequality, the power of corporations in politics and trivial crap like that?

Dont they know I gotta get home to watch the game?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM

458 posts, read 616,251 times
Quote:
Ah yes, photos of young people, how quickly we forget history when the last time the young took to protesting... but then again just like history people of the past too sat back and said the exact same thing thinking they would just go away...guess some of us can continue to ignore history and pretend none of this will amount to anything...yet I see the youth beginning to get involved with the politics of this country...but nevermind that, just keep pretending like the problems will just go away...
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you suggesting that there have been successful youth-centered political movements in the past? What are those? And why would they have any bearing on what OWS is doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Goddamn hippies, I wish they'd just go away, instead of whining and bitching about stupid stuff like income inequality, the power of corporations in politics and trivial crap like that?
I sense your sarcasm. Har. But you miss the point of those criticizing OWS.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Why I don't support OWS and criticize them often:

Yeah, I know there are problems in the country. They are centered around three groups of people (in order of importance):

1) The Average Joe
2) The Average Joe
3) The Average Joe

Who vote in stupid politicians again and again. Strangely, these same people then complain that "voting doesn't work" and, as a solution, they... don't vote.

The OWS crowd then came up with the brilliant idea of sitting around in parks looking gross and being smelly and - amazingly - believe that this somehow will affect "change."

Do they seriously not see how mind-numbingly idiotic that is? Here's a suggestion for OWS supporters:

NOMINATE, CAMPAIGN-FOR, ELECT, AND PRESSURE POLITICIANS TO DO WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO

So far, they haven't even hinted at doing that. So they do NOT get my support as they are just wasting time, money, and effort.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,232 times
Quote:
Ah yes, photos of young people, how quickly we forget history when the last time the young took to protesting, but then again just like history people of the past too sat back and said the exact same thing thinking they would just go away...guess some of us can continue to ignore history and pretend none of this will amount to anything...yet I see the youth beginning to get involved with the politics of this country...but nevermind that, just keep pretending like the problems will just go away...

Here's a brilliant solution ↓ ↓ ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
Oh, then you missed my point, none of us can answer that question. Only time and the people involved will be able to tell after everything is said and done. Who thought the protests in Egypt would go the way they went, but that still doesn't answer what the future of those protests will lead to, all we can do is wait and see, or take part and hope for the best.
Hope for the best, that's it, brilliant!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Yep, sounds like you got the world all figured out, good luck with that...as for examples, go read some American history books, youth based movements have happened a number of times over the past 100 years, me taking the time to teach you this would be a waste of my time cause you wouldn't listen anyway, so carry on.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
...as for examples, go read some American history books, youth based movements have happened a number of times over the past 100 years...
Maybe you missed my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you suggesting that there have been successful youth-centered political movements in the past? What are those? And why would they have any bearing on what OWS is doing today?
Emphasis added.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 AM

455 posts, read 651,800 times
Occupy Wall Street = CIA involvement

Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
You see what you want to see.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Occupy Wall Street = CIA involvement
Now there's a take on it I've never heard before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City