Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 AM

23 posts, read 44,081 times

Advertisements

I called to get an idea of where they are in the process. My log number is lower than 400, so I was concerned when I read the above post. I am in a non-preferential group.

Basically, they said they still have not gotten to the non-preferential group. The lower log numbers will be reviewed within the next month or so. I'm betting that I won't hear anything until either Halloween or Thanksgiving. I'm using the holidays as milestones. =) Either way, they said they would contact you if you are/are not selected. I already paid the $50 fee and I have not had any inquiries on my credit, so I'm assuming they haven't gotten to me yet. I would've received either a credit notification or my money order, if so.

I was told that move in would be February. Hope this helps.

Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM

13 posts, read 28,636 times
Just some updates after i went in with my friend to select the apartment...

There are alot of 1 bedroom (35-40 estimates) and a few 2 bedrooms (10-15 est) available. The bottom floors (1st & 2nd) are reserved for low income and they are gone. The high floors (9-12) are for upper income and they are mostly gone as well. Units with terraces are all gone. Majority of the corner units on floors 3-8 are gone.

The units are great size for manhattan apts, but limited closet spaces. bedroom sizes are moderate.

Half of the parking units are already sold.

No doormen.

The noise with from the Metro North is a problem if you are a light sleeper, even with the windows closed..on north and south side.

They are grouping the preference (city workers) & non preference groups now....so hopefully, the rest of us can expect to hear back from them starting this week. They def rush you through to pick the apartments and i can tell it was annoying to them to show us multiple units.

From briefly reviewing the offering plan, it is designed that you stayed long term. So i would advise that if it is not your permanent home for the foreseable future (15+ years), then it is a poor investment decision. Some units 9th floor and up allows 1 year sublease, after every 5 years.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,152 times
I selected a 1 bedroom apt with a terrace (290K) and a parking space (19K). I was told to meet with my attorney to review the offereing plan and the contract. I signed the contract and submitted my downpayment- 10% of purchase price last week. The money will be placed in an escrow account until the closing. I heard back from my attorney that the seller approved me as a buyer and signed the contract this week. I now have 30 days to get my financing in order as per the offering plan... and yes- only citibank and chase are prefered lenders for La Celia.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM

71 posts, read 118,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastharlemresident View Post
I selected a 1 bedroom apt with a terrace (290K) and a parking space (19K). I was told to meet with my attorney to review the offereing plan and the contract. I signed the contract and submitted my downpayment- 10% of purchase price last week. The money will be placed in an escrow account until the closing. I heard back from my attorney that the seller approved me as a buyer and signed the contract this week. I now have 30 days to get my financing in order as per the offering plan... and yes- only citibank and chase are prefered lenders for La Celia.
Eastharlemresident, Please advise when you chose your apt. I was of the opinion that there were no apts with tetraces available.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 AM

132 posts, read 253,121 times
Congrats EastHarlem--All the best in your new home.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM

131 posts, read 338,096 times
Ditto, congrats eastharlem, and also Thanks Steve for the latest update.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 AM

15 posts, read 27,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCelia Sales View Post
I will use this forum to provide a brief update on the sales activity at La Celia. I will not respond to questions here, as this is not the proper way to communicate. PLEASE DO NOT ASK. In addition, since I will not respond to questions; I will not respond when I read inaccurate information. I am not the blog police.

Sales are now moving briskly. We have 40 sales including Cb#11 and other preferences. We anticipate reaching Non-preference applicants by the middle of October (only #1-#600 have sent docs). Upon conclusion of the first round of non-preference appointments, we will schedule appointments in groups of 100. We don't want to over book.

Apartment availability: There are many Studios, 1 Bedrooms, and 2 Bedrooms.

Studio: Floors 2-7 Priced from $140,000 to $190,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 2-6 Priced at $ 260,000
1 Bedrooms: Floors 7-11 Priced at $ 290,000
2 Bedrooms: Floors 4-8 Priced at $373,000
Parking Spaces: Priced at $19,000 ( approx. 20 of 40 sold)
Balcony and Terraces: All sold
Square footage and monthly maintenance will be discussed at the interviews.

I hope this was helpful.

Mike Reed, Selling Agent

This post is not an offer to sell. An offering plan has been filed with the Attorney General of the State of New York.

Mike,

Would you be kind enough to provide us with an update with the number of units that are left, as well as; where are you in the number selection process. Any information will prove to be insightful.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM

139 posts, read 189,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bespoke View Post
Mike,

Would you be kind enough to provide us with an update with the number of units that are left, as well as; where are you in the number selection process. Any information will prove to be insightful.
I just signed a contract and was told by my attorney that there are 18 fully executed contracts, meaning, both sides have signed the contract. It is not clear how many contracts are out though.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 AM

184 posts, read 334,178 times
sounds as if some have backed out or the process has been slow on the contract//attorney review portion. this is why I say never give up hope...

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM

16 posts, read 28,307 times
Can anyone tell me who they are working with at chase besides dave forbes? I have a signed contract and would like to work with chase but this guy is taking too much time to get back to. Can we just use anyone at chase?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery