Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 09:39 AM

184 posts, read 334,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemchick26 View Post
I was able to pick up an offering plan this week. I have until mid-November to sign and tender the down payment. I'm very excited...and nervous! Moreso regarding the mortgage process. Does anyone have a contact number for someone at Citibank? I'd like to speak with both (Chase & Citi) about my options.

I selected a 1Bd and I am non-preference in the upper 100s. I really hope this happens!

Good luck to all!
congrats!!!

aren't the phone numbers & contact info for citi & chase in your offering plan since its limited on whom you can speak with? I kow its Mike Forbes for Chase and unsure on Cii but go to the sonyma website as it list citi bank mortgage person for first time home buyers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM

39 posts, read 74,188 times
Their contact numbers are not in the offering plan.

John Gnisi is the loan officer in Citibank, 201 394-6281 and Dave Forbes is in Chase at Cell: 646-773-7413. Both lenders provide SONYMA loans. There is no difference between lenders. Forbes works at La Celia Mondays and Wednesdays. Wed is their late night. Be prepared to provide the same documents (plus canceled rent checks for last 12 mos and a check for the application fee $470) and at least an hour for the loan application process.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Their contact numbers are not in the offering plan.

John Gnisi is the loan officer in Citibank, 201 394-6281 and Dave Forbes is in Chase at Cell: 646-773-7413. Both lenders provide SONYMA loans. There is no difference between lenders. Forbes works at La Celia Mondays and Wednesdays. Wed is their late night. Be prepared to provide the same documents (plus canceled rent checks for last 12 mos and a check for the application fee $470) and at least an hour for the loan application process.
great info...however there would be a difference between lenders....if you hate one of those banks then that would make all the difference in the world...lol...I do know what you mean though...

Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 AM

139 posts, read 189,323 times
I employed Dave Forbes to get my loan (signed contract for a one bedroom) - went to the building on Wednesday, took one hour, all in all, very easy process, It was interesting how easy it was to get approved for a mortgage(it helps I have good credit). I would recommend Dave (it also helps that I bank with Chase).

During the application process met one of the other neighbors that bought on the same floor.

BTW, the building is in flood zone C. I will make sure to get excellent insurance and will check with the developer about the insurance the building has bought-it should include flood.

Some building downtown are uninhabitable after the hurricane, and occupants have to find other places to live. Without insurance that can be a costly proposition as many are finding out.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 PM

23 posts, read 44,079 times
Does anyone have any first hand experience with getting a mortgage for La Celia? I prefer Citibank, generally, but Dave seems to have the most experience with successfully getting mortgages for this property.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 AM

39 posts, read 74,188 times
Hi 108, I’m also working with Dave in Chase. I got my commitment a week ago and it expires at the end of Jan 2013. Dave says that’s plenty of time to work on the conditions in Schedule A. Did you get your commitment? Did his processor explain the conditions to you? I haven’t heard from her or Dave. He’s too overwhelmed. I called him yesterday and I’m still holding. Call me Dave! I never had to get property insurance as this is all new to me. I would appreciate any advice you have. Do you know when we should get it? Before closing? This vetting and the work to get in as if I’m joining the secret service, and at the end of this, don't we need approval from HPD, right? What happens if they don’t approve of you? To me, it seems like La Celia, my lawyer, their lawyer , Chase everyone involved in this process are way too relax and I’m nervous just waiting.......

Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM

20 posts, read 39,981 times
La Celia'ers,

Pardon the delay in updating.

As NYC continues to feel the effects of mother nature; I hope of of you, family, and friends are doing okay.

We continue to interview non-preference applicants. To date we have sold 12 apartments to applicants in this category. For the number crunchers of the group; we are up to log # 400. We've sold 79 of 122 apartments.

If the trend continues, we'll sell out when we reach the 1600's sometime in January 2013.

I expect a lag in selling studios, so we may need to go farther in the lottery to sell those apartments.

Generally, the balance of unsold apartments are as follows:

18 2 bedrooms priced at $373,000 on floors 5 through 8 (households of 2 or more)
11 1 bedrooms priced at $290,000 on floors 7 through 11
6 1 bedrooms priced at $260,000 on floors 3 through 5
4 Studios priced at $140,000 on floors 2 and 3
2 Studios priced at $150,000 on floors 5 and 6
2 Studios priced at $190,000 on the 7th floor

Once again, I hope this information is helpful.

For those bloggers new to this site, I will not answer questions posted here.

Michael Reed,
Selling Agent

This is not an Offer to Sell, an Offering Plan has been filed with the Attorney General of New York State.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 13,452 times
Dear Michael Reed,
Thank you for your update!
Can you please give us an idea when will the Log #s 400-500 be contacted, will it be next week or what dates to expect it?

Thank you in advance

Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 AM

400 more to go to get a call!!! I need a studio!!!! Don't delay Michael call today...lol

Old 11-11-2012, 08:17 AM

I walked past the building yesterday and was surprised that gym equipment was in the gym, landscaping done, parking spaces lines painted and everything but a name on the building exist. Hard to believe that move in won't be until February when it appears to be ready. According to the post above more than the 50% to get the CofO has been achieved. Are they waiting until they sell more of the higher end units?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery