Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 09:28 AM

131 posts, read 338,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrlmknight View Post
Anyone else having power issues? The ACs arent blowing the way they should and my Fridge is on the fritz it wont stay cold at all everything spoiling.. anyone else having this issue?
yes, the AC in the living area does not cool the room like it should, the one in the bedroom is fine. I haven't had a problem with the fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,567 times
Hi fellow LaCelia residents!
Just a quick note to check your email/mail and look for a notice to elect our first actual board members! I'm excited to be a part of a mini-community that are all in for the long haul and invested in it.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM

39 posts, read 74,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastHarlem View Post
Hi fellow LaCelia residents!
Just a quick note to check your email/mail and look for a notice to elect our first actual board members! I'm excited to be a part of a mini-community that are all in for the long haul and invested in it.
Exciting! Are we meeting the candidates first then voting on the 31st? I don't really know anybody yet. Is anybody here a candidate?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:22 PM

Default Warm living room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
yes, the AC in the living area does not cool the room like it should, the one in the bedroom is fine. I haven't had a problem with the fridge.
Same deal. It seems like the unit just can't generate the same level of cold that I get in the bedroom even though it is a more powerful unit. I think I might be investigating a warranty repair on this one; I'll let you know if I make progress.

PS Soontobe... Sounds like you now are!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
Did anyone get a great deal from Verizon?
I called them and was offered a $130+ with two year contract.
Price goes up after 1yr.
You can get a price as low as $110/month (plus tax = $123) from Verizon including 50Mb internet (fios quantum), unlimited phone (haven't even plugged it in yet, but actually was cheaper than not getting phone), and FiOS Extreme TV (the 2nd highest package) plus Showtime and HBO.

It goes up I think $10 after 1 year but it's guaranteed for 2 years. No installation charges or anything either. I'd say give them a call and if they tell you that they can't match that price, you can tell them that your neighbor just copied this info off his bill for you!

Happy channel & internet surfing.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM

24 posts, read 44,482 times
Hi Everyone!
I am also having issues with the AC. I called Ice air and they passed by my unit. The unit was working properly but they mentioned that the BTU for the ac in the living room(13,000) was not enough for the space. I was pissed!!!!! They recommended an 18,000 BTU unit for the living room. I also am yet to install the curtains so there is a lot of light coming in and, therefore, generating extra heat that might make it harder for the ac to reach the preset temperature.
I do not understand why the contractor did not install 18,000 BTU units. I'm sure that they are aware that this ac did not have the capacity for the space!!!! Specially if we can't (technically) open the windows more than 4 inches! MADNESS
What to do?????
Lets put our heads together and find a solution. Maybe if we all complain, they might have to change the BTUs

Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 AM

131 posts, read 338,096 times
Default AC issues

after speaking w/ ICe Air, on the phone, he mentioned the same thing about light coming in and if I have curtains or not. and all of that. So I checked the unit last night no sun coming in, turned it on high, and you would not have known the AC was on. It has to be the btu's, same unit in the bedroom works fine. Cold air is coming out of the unit, I have an appointment next week, I guess he going to tell me the same thing.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 AM

184 posts, read 334,178 times
13000 btu would be about 500 sq feet plus you must add in the other rooms. A 14x14 plus kitchen then 13000 is bare minimum if both bedroom living room units were operating at max. Also remember the extreme heat is playing a big part and of you are on the south side.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM

24 posts, read 44,482 times
64 LOCAL,
I tried visiting the page that you mentioned about the floor cleaner and all the info is in Latin! LOL!!! then I called the customer service and a Taj Mahal Hotel voice system answered. You sure that this is a legit web page?? Did you order from them already?
http://uniquelookfashion.com/index.p...nance-oil.html
Kinda curious...
Others, have you bought the cleaner? Where? did anyone find a deal?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,113 times
Default Meeting the Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Exciting! Are we meeting the candidates first then voting on the 31st? I don't really know anybody yet. Is anybody here a candidate?
Hello, future neighbors! We are still pushing through waiting to close, but hopefully we'll be there soon. Mike Reed's message inferred that board elections would take place in September, yet Chanti's message infers that something's happening in July, no? Were notices already sent?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery