Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM

338 posts, read 676,882 times

Advertisements

Yes, notices were sent yesterday, the first meeting is 7/31, in two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 AM

12 posts, read 17,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Yes, notices were sent yesterday, the first meeting is 7/31, in two weeks.
Hi, I haven't yet closed and as a matter of fact, my walk-through is scheduled for July 29. Would I be able to attend the meeting on July 31? I would certainly like to be active from the beginning of our organizing. Or is this meeting only for those who are currently in residence?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM

184 posts, read 334,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhopeful View Post
Hi, I haven't yet closed and as a matter of fact, my walk-through is scheduled for July 29. Would I be able to attend the meeting on July 31? I would certainly like to be active from the beginning of our organizing. Or is this meeting only for those who are currently in residence?
If you want to attend then you should!! Hopefully someone will post the details for you. If not I'm sure there will be a notice in the lobby when you come on the 29th. I'm sure this is just a welcome meeting. It will take a few months for candidates to submit their resumes then its sent out to shareholders to review. There needs to be a percentage of votes for the election to be certified. I'm hopefully that people really interested in a long term commitment sign up. Also someone who understands the dynamics of the various income levels within la Celia or those who aren't so altra conservative that they recommend more rules and regulations that create an unpleasant atmosphere. I'd like to see someone with a financial background or a lawyer on the board. As we elect people we should look at a mix to represent all of us.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 AM

184 posts, read 334,112 times
I'm wondering if some of the a/c power issues could be due to con Ed reducing wattage. Anyone seeing their microwave not as powerful? Taking longer to heat up something? Refrig not as cool? These are signs of reduced capacity.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 AM

47 posts, read 84,026 times
Default Insurance Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
For the record, it is not something a licensed contractor is needed for and that is the parameters I'm using based on the Offering Plan and asking permission. If it requires (or is recommends) a licensed contractor or permits needed then seek permission but otherwise it's the same as installing mini blinds.
Just to clarify. Anytime ANY work is being done in your unit by another person other than you, you must submit insurance info from the company to Ryan in our Management office. I had window treatments installed and did not know the protocol...they almost did not let them in to do the work. I had to wait until the info was submitted to the office and checked. Even if you have a large delivery of an item from someone other than Fed Ex, etc. you must have the insurance certificate sent to the office ahead of time. I wonder why management never sent a protocol to all the shareholders so we would know.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrlmknight View Post
Anyone else having power issues? The ACs arent blowing the way they should and my Fridge is on the fritz it wont stay cold at all everything spoiling.. anyone else having this issue?
I had the same issues with the AC. Call the 800 number in your packet for Ice Air. They had to make 2 calls to my house, but got back to me right away and came out very quickly. I also had an issue with my fridge. In fact they came out twice to fix it and ended up delivering me a new fridge. Make sure you register all your appliances with Frigidaire online and then you can schedule a service call. It is warrantied for one year from closing.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
Hi Everyone!
I also am yet to install the curtains so there is a lot of light coming in and, therefore, generating extra heat that might make it harder for the ac to reach the preset temperature.
I do not understand why the contractor did not install 18,000 BTU units. I'm sure that they are aware that this ac did not have the capacity for the space!!!! Specially if we can't (technically) open the windows more than 4 inches! MADNESS
What to do?????
Lets put our heads together and find a solution. Maybe if we all complain, they might have to change the BTUs
I got a solar shade for the living room...makes a huge difference in the heat.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:37 PM

12 posts, read 17,974 times
Thanks, Marshland, will do.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 PM

131 posts, read 338,057 times
Default reduce wattag

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
I'm wondering if some of the a/c power issues could be due to con Ed reducing wattage. Anyone seeing their microwave not as powerful? Taking longer to heat up something? Refrig not as cool? These are signs of reduced capacity.

Hi Marshall,

I checked w/Con Ed there was no reduction in the area at that time. also, I hope the issues with your mortgage is cleared up soon.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 AM

36 posts, read 56,657 times
Hi Everyone!
I am also having issues with the livingroom AC. I called Ice air yesterday and they passed by my unit today. They said the unit is working properly the problem is the BTU for the ac in the living room(13,000) is not enough for the livingroom, kitchen and hall space!!! They recommended an 18,000 BTU unit for the living room!

I agree with El Barrio Girl, "Lets put our heads together and find a solution. Maybe if we all complain, they might have to change the BTUs"

I'm calling PWB on Monday. Anyone with this same issue has any other suggestions on what to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery