Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 12:47 PM

25,364 posts, read 36,930,648 times

Advertisements

Can you guys sell at "market price?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM

12 posts, read 17,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySumo View Post
Hi folks!

I'm clearly very late to this thread. My wife and I are looking to buy a co-op apartment for our family (we have one child). Does anyone know if all of the units at La Celia are already purchased? I have filled out an application and will be sending it in, if I find that there are available 2BR apts available. Is there any chance that I could still be considered for an apartment? I meet the eligibility requirements for the 2BR apts. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I have started reading this thread, but have only gotten through the first 10-pages, so I apologize if someone has already answered my inquiry. Congrats to all new share-holders! The building looks incredible!
It doesn't hurt to apply and cross your fingers. To save time on reading all the pages, I suggest you search this thread for "Mike Reed" and read his updates. His last one was posted on May 24.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 PM

36 posts, read 56,598 times
For those of you that already closed and are enjoying your beautiful home,

How soon after receiving commitment letter and locking in rate was your closing scheduled for?
Would like to know if I should start packing!!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM

47 posts, read 83,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Yes. I get that, which is why I'm asking the questions in the first place. I really wasn't asking for a long-winded lecture from a fellow shareholder, just trying to plan my move as much as possible ahead of closing.

Again, is it possible to reserve the elevator? Does anyone have a number?
Gee1995, I was not aiming my concerns at you, so sorry you felt that way. I have been reading several posts with misinformation about the move in process. You can contact Ryan Webler who is managing our building to reserve the elevator(schedule your move in). He schedules 2 move ins per day so you should call him soon to get on the schedule. If you didn't get the letter about the move in process with his number message me and I will send it your way.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 PM

338 posts, read 675,503 times
Thanks, sorry to snap at you The movers I'll be using have assured me they have a Certificate of Insurance so all is well and our beautiful new building will be protected.

I have the letter from the sellers' attorney's with a contact name...Melendez? Can you please message me with your information? My closing is next week but I want to move as soon as I can after that. (From what I understand most of the moving info comes from the book they give you at closing but I'd like to pre-plan as much as possible, hence my due diligence on the board.)

Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 AM

184 posts, read 333,679 times
Quote:
That sounds like a good idea (although we should consider including some kind of receptacle for cigarette butts so they do't get tossed all over the sidewalk).

This is what I mean about a whole building full of middle-class homeowners--we will have an outsize influence on the neighborhood because homeowners GET SH** DONE We want to protect our investment!
We'd have to careful about adding a bench. Now it's making it comfortable for someone to stay and smoke. There are already a couple of guys with carts chained with to poles on park ave. I don't really think we will find people hanging out in front of the liquor store.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks, sorry to snap at you The movers I'll be using have assured me they have a Certificate of Insurance so all is well and our beautiful new building will be protected.

I have the letter from the sellers' attorney's with a contact name...Melendez? Can you please message me with your information? My closing is next week but I want to move as soon as I can after that. (From what I understand most of the moving info comes from the book they give you at closing but I'd like to pre-plan as much as possible, hence my due diligence on the board.)
+1 (718) 519-6900 Ryan Webler mgmt company

Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Can you guys sell at "market price?"
There are restrictions that vary based on price and time but the easy answer is yes but after 15 years

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 AM

25,364 posts, read 36,930,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
There are restrictions that vary based on price and time but the easy answer is yes but after 15 years

Thank you marshland.
If you decide you want out earlier than that is there some sort of provisions to sell back to the HOA, or HPD or else to an income qualified outsider for perhaps something close to what you paid?

Can heirs inherit?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM

139 posts, read 188,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Thank you marshland.
If you decide you want out earlier than that is there some sort of provisions to sell back to the HOA, or HPD or else to an income qualified outsider for perhaps something close to what you paid?

Can heirs inherit?
You can sell at any time at any price to a income qualified person - of course HDC will take majority of your profits before yr 15 so it is possible you make no money or lose some money on the transaction if you sell before yr. 15.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery