Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 PM

27 posts, read 38,985 times

Advertisements

A porter and a super are our best option, a doorman will cost 50,000 -65,000 so he can open your door. The cleanness and safe operation of the building should be our priority not added expenses, added staff will only increase our operating costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 PM

36 posts, read 56,657 times
After all the hiccups with Citibank... we finally closed today!!!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM

131 posts, read 338,057 times
Congrats Home3 on your closing!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:51 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:

If you are not buying or thinking about a COOP in our building it would be
great if you would leave the thinking to us on what we need for our
building.

Then why not start your own website where you can be assured of complete privacy?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:16 PM

184 posts, read 334,112 times
My monthly postings continue as my level of frustration rises with Chase Mortgage. I've learned 2 weeks means 2 months, 24 hours means 7 days. I have very few regrets in life but going with Chase might be the biggest. I can only hope that my "scheduled" closing at the end of the month happens without issues and I move in immediately following so I can never look back!!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:45 PM

338 posts, read 676,882 times
Marsh, are you waiting on the PHD grant? Have you cleared underwriting yet?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 PM

29 posts, read 69,032 times
Marshland, I feel your pain. Its not just Chase. I went with Citi and so much went wrong. At times it felt like people were actually working against me. I locked in on a rate but things went so bad and drug out so long that my closing was scheduled after the rate expired. La Celias attorneys were not willing to move the date to help out. Even my closing went wrong. Well over an hour into the closing my lawyer realized Citi's numbers were incorrect. Instead of fixing it Citi decided to cancel the closing. There was talk of Citi sending another appraiser to the property. Citis rep left saying that there was nothing he could do. La Celias people were discussing how long they would defer penalties that I would have to pay for every day I didn't close past the scheduled date. My lawyer said if there were penalties we could kick and scream but I would have to pay them and sue Citi if I wanted to get it back. My lawyer, who I had no love for up to this point, was my savior. He pushed and wouldn't give up, making noise until we got Citis approval on the correct numbers after everyone else gave up on me. Just try to hang in there. I had no easy time with this, but I am moving in tomorrow. In the end, you'll have your apartment, and a good story to tell at some La Celia get together.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM

184 posts, read 334,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Marsh, are you waiting on the PHD grant? Have you cleared underwriting yet?
I've been told it's cleared underwriting a few times, then I when I inquired 2 days ago its back at underwriting. A week ago I was told Chase only needed 24 more hours. I guess I should have broken that up into actual work hours.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 AM

338 posts, read 676,882 times
I had a pretty good experience with Chase--my delays were due to the HPD grant, which took FOREVER. But my closing went very smoothly and my loan officer and loan processor always responded quickly to calls/emails. mg, your story sounds horrifying!

Hang in there, Marsh. Just keep asking them "what more do you need, what else can I do?" Getting a mortgage in NYC is not for the fainthearted!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:18 AM

36 posts, read 56,657 times
Does anyone know us we can drill shower rods or so we need to get tension rods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery