Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times

Advertisements

The resources are there, its called the Public library and for profit book stores like B&N. I went to a public school just like most kids. Catholic schools in the Bronx aren;t very different. In fact, I think many Catholic schools are closing down due to budget shortfalls. Let;s stop blaming the system and start blaming the individuals. IF you put in effort and hard work, you can gain admission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM

402 posts, read 811,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
You do not understand what s/he meant. The real beneficiaries of the "free stuff" were heads of banks and similar, corporate bail-outs and tax breaks and "stimulus" baloney. This is all "free stuff," and it makes the very small things given to citizens look, well, miniscule in comparison.
All of this "free white man" stuff was to keep the economy rolling. Tax breaks? where are mine, I am just under 100 K, with no children? Where are my tax breaks? If I had 3 kids I would be get an 8 Grand Check instead of the 1 grand I get... that 7 grand is enough to support if im still with "baby momma" so, does a father really have any financial responsibility to his children, or is it the Mitt Romneys (who foot the bill for over 2/3rds of the federal budget)?

Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Test prep financial assistance?
They can use their EIC to pay for it instead of taking the family to Disney World.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I tam yping like this because I don;t care. If I took time to reread, check spelling and grammar and such, it wouldn;t be an issue
Nonsense. In post #23, you claimed to have graduated from an elite HS. A poorly written comment makes readers not care about your assertions.
Quote:
The point of my statement is still the same.
When you post a semi-literate comment in an education thread, you have no point.
Well, unless the point is, that you are semi-literate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I am always amused by people who pretend as if one must write on these forums with the same degree of grammatical correctness expected in more formal settings.
I'm not pretending anything. If you want to be taken seriously, write seriously. To make sense, write sensibly. A poorly written comment is indicative of ignorance.
Quote:
the point is to write well enough to be understood, even if it means some typos.
The point is to write well.
Next, will you accuse me of being racist? Acting all "white", with proper grammar and spelling?

Last edited by bigjake54; 12-29-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Nonsense. In post #23, you claimed to have graduated from an elite HS. A poorly written comment makes readers not care about your assertions.

When you post a semi-literate comment in an education thread, you have no point.
Well, unless the point is, that you are semi-literate.

I'm not pretending anything. If you want to be taken seriously, write seriously. To make sense, write sensibly. A poorly written comment is indicative of ignorance.

Next, will you accuse me of being racist? Acting all "white", with proper grammar and spelling?

Trust me, I don't have any problems writing a sentence. My point was quite clear unless you lack the capacity to understand what was written. Sure there were a few spelling/grammatical mistakes, but like I pointed out this is not a professional environment. For you to think a poorly written statement is indicative of ignorance is fine by me. However, you forget that once your post on this forum you have a very limited amount of time to edit any errors. You may not take my statement seriously, but there are many others who would.

Tahnk yuo. Hvae a ncie dya! (Parallel letter recognition)

Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
once your post on this forum you have a very limited amount of time to edit any errors.
Your 90 minutes are not up yet!

Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post

Just revealed here what a racist you are. In your head all blacks are "ghetto" and justify those behaviors, so every thing out of our fingers must suggest that.

The point is that this is not a job related presentation and so if one has a typo or two, so what. So why the drama about you being white? Are all the whites who post on forums scrupulous about their spelling and grammar and detailed enough to check for typos?

No. So why your rant?

And your impliaction that most blacks accept bad grammar in work related environments is an insult and again reveals how racist you are. You need to come out of your KKK cave and get to know more of us. OR you really need to move to Montana where our presence will not assault your sensibilities.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Trust me, I don't have any problems writing a sentence. My point was quite clear unless you lack the capacity to understand what was written. Sure there were a few spelling/grammatical mistakes, but like I pointed out this is not a professional environment. For you to think a poorly written statement is indicative of ignorance is fine by me. However, you forget that once your post on this forum you have a very limited amount of time to edit any errors. You may not take my statement seriously, but there are many others who would.

Tahnk yuo. Hvae a ncie dya! (Parallel letter recognition)

No he is just another angry white man, disturbed that we all dont kiss his toes and scream "massa".

Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM

287 posts, read 593,752 times
Quote:
The resources are there, its called the Public library and for profit book stores like B&N. I went to a public school just like most kids. Catholic schools in the Bronx aren;t very different. In fact, I think many Catholic schools are closing down due to budget shortfalls. Let;s stop blaming the system and start blaming the individuals. IF you put in effort and hard work, you can gain admission.

Liberals don't believe in personal responsibility. We need big government to step in And make everything equal. Because...ya know...everything is everyone elses fault.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Just revealed here what a racist you are. In your head all blacks are "ghetto" and justify those behaviors, so every thing out of our fingers must suggest that.
I would prefer that everyone posting here, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference or income level, take the time to compose lucidly & edit appropriately.
Quote:
if one has a typo or two, so what.
Ordinarily unimportant, but when a post alleges graduation from one of NYC's elite high schools, it should be internally consistent with proficiency in grammar, spelling & composition.
Quote:
why the drama about you being white?
Not drama, just the cross I have to bear, on this forum.
Quote:
Are all the whites who post on forums scrupulous about their spelling and grammar and detailed enough to check for typos?
Of course!
Quote:
So why your rant? And your impliaction that most blacks accept bad grammar in work related environments is an insult and again reveals how racist you are. You need to come out of your KKK cave and get to know more of us. OR you really need to move to Montana where our presence will not assault your sensibilities.
I made no such "impliaction". Have I suggested, that you are part of the BPP or the NOI? Or stated that you, or anyone else here, is racist, for your own attitudes, prejudices and misconceptions?
Quote:
No he is just another angry white man, disturbed that we all dont kiss his toes and scream "massa".
Toe-kissing is overrated. Screaming is inappropriate. Say "massa" in a normal tone.
Unless you're an orgasmic female!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City