Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
How about thinking before opening their legs and therefore not having to make the choice of life and death because of their own stupid decision for their child...

The only ones in that situation I truly feel for are those women who have been raped and ended up becoming pregnant because in that situation they were defenseless... Other than that, you made the decision and you must live with those consequences. Allowing what you're saying only promotes the idea of taking the easy way out just like Harlem resident and Caribny were explaining...
Yes because we all know how smart teenagers are in general...and if you don't properly educate someone about the risks and ways to prevent them as well as teaching safe sex, than how do you expect anything to change? We are not born full of this knowledge, it must be learned and i prefer the easy route by teaching them rather than letting them suffer the hard route learning these life lessons after the fact.

The only thing I am promoting is education and giving kids the tools to make smarter choices.

The mistake you are making is that what we have now is actually your method of learning. Make a mistake and deal with it for the rest of your life. Which clearly is a failed idea. What I am suggesting would help kids to prevent stupid choices and in the event of those stupid choices give them an option to correct their mistake so that they don't have to repeat the cycle of their parents....but I am betting you just want to continue down the same path you have been going down, blame the other guy for your own ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:56 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes because we all know how smart teenagers are in general...and if you don't properly educate someone about the risks and ways to prevent them as well as teaching safe sex, than how do you expect anything to change? We are not born full of this knowledge, it must be learned and i prefer the easy route by teaching them rather than letting them suffer the hard route learning these life lessons after the fact.

The only thing I am promoting is education and giving kids the tools to make smarter choices.

The mistake you are making is that what we have now is actually your method of learning. Make a mistake and deal with it for the rest of your life. Which clearly is a failed idea. What I am suggesting would help kids to prevent stupid choices and in the event of those stupid choices give them an option to correct their mistake so that they don't have to repeat the cycle of their parents....but I am betting you just want to continue down the same path you have been going down, blame the other guy for your own ideas.
For one, what are you even trying to say with this... I think in your attempt to find something wrong within my statement, you simply ended up making no sense whatsoever.

I don't disagree when you talk about second chances. But as far as I can remember, sex ed isn't a new phenomenon. Kids are told what they should and shouldn't do since junior high school. Unfortunately, out of ignorance they choose not to listen and end up having to face the consequences. Allowing them the right to then make such a serious decision without giving it any thought doesn't help them. What you are doing, is continuing to coddle a generation that has no idea how to handle any difficult situations as is... I really feel for the kids of today... We have coddled this generation so badly and made them believe they really do "know-it-all" that when something in thier life goes drastically wrong... I worry for what they might do with themselves...

It's okay to deal with your own mistakes and live with them... It helps build character

Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
For one, what are you even trying to say with this... I think in your attempt to find something wrong within my statement, you simply ended up making no sense whatsoever.

I don't disagree when you talk about second chances. But as far as I can remember, sex ed isn't a new phenomenon. Kids are told what they should and shouldn't do since junior high school. Unfortunately, out of ignorance they choose not to listen and end up having to face the consequences. Allowing them the right to then make such a serious decision without giving it any thought doesn't help them. What you are doing, is continuing to coddle a generation that has no idea how to handle any difficult situations as is... I really feel for the kids of today... We have coddled this generation so badly and made them believe they really do "know-it-all" that when something in thier life goes drastically wrong... I worry for what they might do with themselves...

It's okay to deal with your own mistakes and live with them... It helps build character
Funny how you say you didn't understand my last sentence, and then repeated exactly what I said you would say.

If you believe children should live with their mistakes, then welcome to your world, what you see is that "character building" you are talking about. It is in full force and doing exactly what you want it to do, helping kids make bad choices at a young age and having to live with that choice the rest of their lives....do you not see anything wrong with this picture? If not, then stop complaining about the condition the world is in because it is what you are asking for.

You are right that sex ed isn't a new phenomenon, but it is a system that has tried to run an abstinence only program for years (which is by far the stupidest thing you could do) and yes New York is one of the states that is actually trying to move this forward, by making it something that is learned in multiple levels of education, unlike when I went to school when it was a two week course in Junior High. But the big issue is that the safe sex practice is an optional practice that parents can opt out of, which in reality should also be a mandatory thing, but then again religion knows best I guess.

Also, education is something that doesn't happen overnight and is something that can take generations to change patterns. If we are lucky, when the kids of these teen parents get older, hopefully they will be given better tools to help understand sex and continue to reduce teenage pregnancies.

But in the end, kids are going to make bad choices, I doubt you were no different when you were a kid, you were just lucky you didn't knock any one up in the process. We live in a time when we have the ability to decide when raising a child is right for ourselves, so like teaching all forms of safe sex, I believe giving the option to a girl that she can get an abortion is a good thing because it provides her with options rather than just deal with it, which can easily result in her killing her own baby because of bad choices, then you have someone in jail for something she was never ready to handle in the first place...which has happened.

I will always support better education and helping people with making better choices and giving them the options they need to make the right decisions for themselves.

But if you have no interest in giving those options and you believe that we should simply make kids live with their mistakes, then good news, you don't have to do anything at all because that is what is already going on around you.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
sounds like some people want to
see most black americans go
extinct. wow..

lol watch them deny it tho.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:22 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
sounds like some people want to
see most black americans go
extinct. wow..

lol watch them deny it tho.
Through interracial marriages and sex, births, down the line it might happen, look what happened to the Native Americans intermixing with whites and blacks dwindled their populations. I guess its the liberal thing to do!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM

^ never going there again,
if we can help it tho.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Through interracial marriages and sex, births, down the line it might happen, look what happened to the Native Americans intermixing with whites and blacks dwindled their populations. I guess its the liberal thing to do!
Seriously?? Please tell me you are kidding....

Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Seriously?? Please tell me you are kidding....
Some years ago there was a project called faces of Tomorrow, it showed what a New Yorker looks like in the future. For me and my ancestors race mixing has been going on for past 100 years thanks to Anglo Saxon Globalism which still exist and kept alive and well today in America and NYC. Globalism causes races to mix. People tell me I look ethinic, You dont look white or Black but both, are you Hispanic, you look Arabic or North African, are you Indian. I get that alot. If you dont want race mixing eleminate globalism.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM

liberals and conservatives have their
pros and cons, so no use explaining.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
liberals and conservatives have their
pros and cons, so no use explaining.
Both groups share the same vision, this Liberal and Conservatism agenda its just to throw stupid Americans off and create a divide and conquer scenario when really everyone at the top is laughing and toasting champagne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City