Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times

Advertisements

within NYC, $1000/month, easy parking
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Kingsbridge and Riverdale would work, though Riverdale can have easier parking. It is an easy drive to John Jay via the Henry Hudson, and you can avoid the toll by taking the Brodaway Bridge to Dyckman to the HH below the Henry Hudson Bridge.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Kingsbridge and Riverdale would work, though Riverdale can have easier parking. It is an easy drive to John Jay via the Henry Hudson, and you can avoid the toll by taking the Brodaway Bridge to Dyckman to the HH below the Henry Hudson Bridge.
i don't know if i should drive tho, i might get stuck in traffic?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
i don't know if i should drive tho, i might get stuck in traffic?
If you take the subway, it's a straight shot on the (1) down to Columbus Circle. It shouldn't be much more than a 45-50 minute trip, and the train runs fairly frequently. (Of course, if you have to take a bus to the subway, that adds time to the trip).

If the (1) has problems for some reason, you have the backup of taking the Bx7 or Bx20 to the (A) train.

There's a plan to bring Metro-North service to Penn Station, likely with a stop on the Upper West Side, so in that case, the northern part of Riverdale would likely be better. But that's going to be a few years away (though at least it stands a decent chance of actually happening).

But as for the traffic, I don't think traffic on the Henry Hudson is too bad (at least considering it's a Manhattan highway), but then again, I don't have much experience with it.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:45 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
I guess it sort of depends on what you mean by easy parking.My neighborhood has very easy parking except late in the evening and at night.As long as you come home by 8 or 9 pm it's a breeze,much later than that and it's a problem.The rest of the time,from around 7 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week, it's wide open.You can probably park right in front of your building during these times.

So if that's acceptable ,you can add most of Pelham Parkway to your list.You will easily find a big studio apartment for 1,000/mo and it takes about 35 to 40 minutes to Columbus Circle even with switching to a local train( the 1) at 72nd st.

The next neighborhood over,Morris Park,would also be possible with similar parking characteristics(actually maybe better),similar rents and a similar commute time though you'd have to take the 5 train to 180th st,then the 2 to 72nd and then the 1 but it's all cross platform switching with trains frequently right there during weekday hours.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-30-2012 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Kul. Any other options in Queens or BK?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM

I don't know.Your combination of rules might not work in Brooklyn and Queens.The parking and the rent may push you over the 1 hr or require sharing but maybe someone will come up with something.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM

Is there certain areas where they don't have street cleaning in da BX? I don't mind looking for a spot sometimes, but I can't deal with having to move the car constantly. I'll end up saying f... it and get tickets ery time.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Most of The North Bronx has either once a week alt side parking or no alt side parking.My neighborhood has once a week.Woodlawn,which might also be an option for you,has none and I think Riverdale has areas where there are none.Parts of Morris Park and Pelham Gardens have none as well.
So the answer is yes,there are neighborhoods with no alt side parking days but it is spotty and sometimes it's parts of neighborhoods.
Still,at worst ,it's once a week as opposed to twice a week in a lot of the city.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM

That's good. What bout where u live? Would that be a good option too? It seems nice from google maps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City