Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 PM

41 posts, read 114,926 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

Does anyone know any information about the Hallets Cove Condominium. Is located on vernon blvd and 31st in astoria. Is a very quite street and I wondering if anyone is familiar with this area and can share thoughts.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,850 times
It's 31st Ave just for the record. And I dunno much about the particular building. I did have to go into their parking lot once to pick up a freakin zipcar. The area is a bit away from everything just so you know. Particularly the train. Maybe they have a shuttle, I don't know. You are right on the waterfront though. However if you wanted to walk up towards the park, you could easily start walking through the projects. You're better off walking the round about way up 21st street. It's not the most convenient location is what I'm getting at. I'm sure the apts are nice though...

Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,885,803 times
It's an OK part of Astoria.
A little far out, IMO.
The sorrounding area consists of mostly 2-3 family houses, a handful of small buildings and a couple of new developments and housing projects.
This area in terms of safety, can be a little hot (not weather-wise) due to its isolation and proximity to the projects, but on the upside, it has great views, you have one of the most interesting parks in the city (Socrates sculture park), and you're very close to Costco, assuming you're a memember of it.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the rent like on that particular building?

Old 06-02-2012, 12:19 AM

41 posts, read 114,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
It's an OK part of Astoria.
A little far out, IMO.
The sorrounding area consists of mostly 2-3 family houses, a handful of small buildings and a couple of new developments and housing projects.
This area in terms of safety, can be a little hot (not weather-wise) due to its isolation and proximity to the projects, but on the upside, it has great views, you have one of the most interesting parks in the city (Socrates sculture park), and you're very close to Costco, assuming you're a memember of it.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the rent like on that particular building?

I'm not sure what the rent is, i'm actually trying to buy a one bedroom condo there. I worry if there is high crime because is isolated?

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,182,850 times
I'd say that if you look at a crime break down on paper for Astoria as a whole, it would appear that crime is higher there, yes. But that would be because of the projects which are several blocks away that you would have to go out of your way to hang around. Crime wise in reality, is fine for the most part. The whole area around 21st street may look grimy to you, but its fine. The biggest drawback is the distance from the train and restaurants and the such, as we're both saying.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
If you're talking about the brand new building with rentals on Vernon Blvd and 30th Road, know you have to keep your eyes open especially at night. I've been living on that same block for 12 years now and though quiet in the day, it has crime at night. Three weeks ago a neighbor across the street was beaten badly and robbed by three teenagers at 2 a.m.. A couple of years back a girl was robbed while walking back from the subway and another girl's phone was snatched at night. Our basement was broken into twice 10 years ago. New car windows often get smashed with a bat and stuff stolen from inside. It's NYC. Plus we're next to projects. Projects residents often walk through our block as it's pretty and quiet. Sometimes they smoke weed, other times they have loud arguments over the phone and once someone came running through to escape a mob chasing her! Once the weather is hot, the cats come out to prey...

On the plus side, that's all the visible crime I've personally witnessed in 12 years and it's just what I know.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:58 PM

128 posts, read 172,378 times
That's waterfront. Astoria is a great neighborhood. You don't need to worry about the crime from the project building five blocks away. Transit-wise it is a bit isolated. But lots of shopping and dining areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: