Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM

205 posts, read 977,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Ok Laquita. If you say so. Say what's up to the homies in the PJs for me. LOL
Laquita? Lol you must be looking at yourself in the mirror. I think your weave is off a little. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrl13 View Post
Laquita? Lol you must be looking at yourself in the mirror. I think your weave is off a little. Lol

Yes of coarse...my weave. Nice one! You can tell you below in the projects.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM

205 posts, read 977,834 times
Lol you wish. Have a nice day sweety.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
This also caught my attention as I have exactly the same phone.
It's one of Sprint's most expensive phones, which by the way requires a 4G data plan in order to be activated. The cheapest plans for that phone go for at least $60 a month.

she is also using a paid app. Tapatalk 2
Exactly. I know a few people who have them !

Things do need to change, and they will - unfortunately for some. I am an absolute supporter of affordable housing and I will deeply regret its demise because this will hurt many truly deserving and honest people.

It will end, in the near future I am guessing, because of the truly selfish, anti-social, and basically irresponsible lifestyles of the minority.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
fuhgedaboutit.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Exactly. I know a few people who have them !

Things do need to change, and they will - unfortunately for some. I am an absolute supporter of affordable housing and I will deeply regret its demise because this will hurt many truly deserving and honest people.

It will end, in the near future I am guessing, because of the truly selfish, anti-social, and basically irresponsible lifestyles of the minority.
I remember having a discussion with somebody else on a different thread regarding cell phones, internet and Food stamp recipients.
On that thread I made the argument that a simple non-smart cell phone (ideally pre-paid) and a cheap home conection to the internet were not necessarily luxuries, but rather important tools when it comes job searching.
I cannot make the same argument for CityGirl and I definitely see why some get pissed off at how supposedly "poor" people can afford such luxuries.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:11 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
if people in india and africa can afford them,
why shouldn't americans? ever heard of: if
there is a will, there is a way?

Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I remember having a discussion with somebody else on a different thread regarding cell phones, internet and Food stamp recipients.
On that thread I made the argument that a simple non-smart cell phone (ideally pre-paid) and a cheap home conection to the internet were not necessarily luxuries, but rather important tools when it comes job searching.
I cannot make the same argument for CityGirl and I definitely see why some get pissed off at how supposedly "poor" people can afford such luxuries.
I agree that both a simple cell phone and internet connection are necessities. They are tools. I have worked enough with the very poor to have learned this. I once tried to assist people in getting to the libraries and using the internet there ... simply not a great option. Really. Too unreliable, for one thing.

I have a "dumb" phone, $45. a month plan from Verizon. A cell phone is required for my job. Why so low-budget ? We have student loan debt and other necessary expenses. I would feel like a complete loser were I to sink my money into a "smart" phone instead of using that money to pay off my university debt. Indeed, I would BE that loser.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
ok laquita. If you say so. Say what's up to the homies in the pjs for me. Lol
lol

Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM

34 posts, read 102,320 times
Perhaps, I missed something! A person wants information on selecting an apartment and there is backlash about the type of cell phone that is being used.

Firstly, NYCHA is literally making the tougher guidlines to become or stay as a resident. Background checks are done every year, so convicted felons can't live their or be on a lease. tenant associations & tenant watchmen are stronger than ever. Yes, there are some bad apples, but not as much.

Secondly, why is a stigma attached to living in the projects? ghetto, unemployed, really. try again. go on to NYCHA website and check the plans that were put in effect to ensure safe and affordable housing. Not to mention I'm sure we all are aware of the "rags to riches" story of many celebrities, goverment officials and average smart educated people who live(d) in the PROJECTS!!

Lastly, Why is it a problem if someone wants a luxury device? We all know the convience of the internet? so someone wants the convience of the internet that is mobile. the question is this person and their luxury device directly taking from YOU! other than making you jealous. No one made mention of the fact that buying these luxury goods, supporting state agencies such as NYCHA HELPS our BAD economy!!!! the more people buy the better the economy DUH!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City