Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:02 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
Well I am just glad you people are not in my area. I swear NYC is about 457 days away from putting up white picket fences and requiring everyone to have a yard and 2.5 kids and minivan. I like the people who hang out along fredrick douglas and Adam Clayton in the 120s where I live. I am glad my area has excitement and is not some quiet cul de sac found in anywheretown america. Yes the people are loud, yes they are out late but most importnatly they are harmless and provide nothing more then excitement and entertaiment. The occasiconaly argument..yeah happens, I bet it happens at your family reunions just as much.

sounds like a neighborhood that I would avoid like the plague.

I don't like loud neighbors, and the last thing I want is my neighboirs to be loud, late at night.

How old are you?, 20?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 PM

555 posts, read 1,183,816 times
20..haha cute...actually in my 30s. I did not say I do it, but I dont mind it one bit. So I take it you do not go to christopher street either?

Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,879 times
The worst kind of loiterers are the ones who bring out tables, chairs, bbq grills and other items out from their house and begin to block the sidewalk for hours throughout the day and night. Let me tell you..

Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
The worst kind of loiterers are the ones who bring out tables, chairs, bbq grills and other items out from their house and begin to block the sidewalk for hours throughout the day and night. Let me tell you..
Yes. Very classless behavior. But the liberals on this board call it profiling if you attempt to stop such classless animal behavior. SHM

Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
My point is that there are parks, beaches right down the block from where I live. The purpose of which is to sit, relax, etc. Why can't these people go there?
I ask myself the same question every morning when I get off the train at Chambers Street and see people jogging on the sidewalk. There's a huge jogging path right alongside the West Side Highway.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-23-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post

My point is that there are parks, beaches right down the block from where I live. The purpose of which is to sit, relax, etc. Why can't these people go there? Also, these people hanging out by me are absolutely up to no good. I smell pot every time I walk by. They stare people down menacingly. There was a mugging a few weeks ago (I posted the link to the article) This is not a bunch of bored old folks just enjoying the weather.

I myself live in a small apartment. But I would rather sit inside my apartment than hang on the street with these people.
Because these ghetto people you refer to like the attention. Its an ego thing. They have that fearless fasade of "I run this" or "I wish a n**ga would" attitude. That's their culture. Ego driven and ignorant lifestyle. I can't stand them.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,459 times
I agree. I was born and raised in NYC and I can't stand bad neighborly behavior. Esp. where I am in wash heights. These ppl hang out right in front of buildings they don't even live in; I mean right IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!! how ignorant is that? And when u say something, they ignorantly ignore u. I am down for forming a community meeting about these things and put pressure on elected officials to do something about it.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 PM

439 posts, read 896,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Because these ghetto people you refer to like the attention. Its an ego thing. They have that fearless fasade of "I run this" or "I wish a n**ga would" attitude. That's their culture. Ego driven and ignorant lifestyle. I can't stand them.
And lets not forget their wolf pack mentality either (hate to even say wolf pack to describe those losers). They act tough when they're with their friends, but when you confront them one on one, they try to BS their way out of the argument like the scared little P****** that they are!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanza107 View Post
And lets not forget their wolf pack mentality either (hate to even say wolf pack to describe those losers). They act tough when they're with their friends, but when you confront them one on one, they try to BS their way out of the argument like the scared little P****** that they are!
Yup. They think they're hard around their boyz but along they are are all bark and no bite.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:33 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post

Sounds like a lot of restaurants in Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City