Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times

Advertisements

The truth of the matter is all the anti-drug testing people on this board to some extent or another either smoke weed, pop pills or do some other type of drugs either occasionally, in social situations (still doesn't make it ok) or on a regular bases. And for the ones who claim they don't smoke weed or do drugs, I bet have a family member(s) on Welfare that do hence why you are anti-drug testing. All self-serving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 04:58 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
For God's sake.

Mandatory drug testing is EXPENSIVE.
So because some blue-noses want to regulate everyone's morality taxpayers should pay MORE.

What a silly waste of money whose only purpose is to degrade the poor. Isn't poverty degrading enough?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
You smoking weed IS the city's/tax payer's business because TAX PAYERS are the ones footing the bill. The taxes taken out of your low wage job is a drop in the bucket to the amount of food stamp money and the cost of the shelter the city provided you in the homeless shelter. So don't give me that crap.

Just the fact that you are being defensive about smoking weed leads me to believe that you DO smoke weed, hence why you don't want such a law to be passed. Hey, if you smoke weed, just say so. I'm not the police. Say you like to roll up a nice fat one. What's your favorite type of weed, Hydro? Kush? Come on bro, you ain't fooling no one. Be honest with yourself.

I on the other hand can say I DON'T SMOKE WEED and if I ever need to get on Welfare, I have NO PROBLEM getting tested for DRUGS because I know I will pass with flying colors...the question is, DO YOU think you'll be able to pass it? The truth eventually comes out so stop the whining people!
Um, you better not smoke any weed. It might further lower your reading skills.

To further clarify what I actually said: I haven't always worked low wage jobs. So, I'm footing my own bill.

"Conservatives" like yourself have Barry Goldwater, Robert Taft (bet you don't even know who he was; he stood up in the Senate to condemn the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII) Abe Lincoln, and all Republicans worthy of the title rolling in their graves.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

387 posts, read 680,330 times
Staten Island doesn't want them. We need to remove the trash that has decsimated in the Stapleon West Brighton area.

There are a few little islands surrounding NYC, like Govenors Island or that Island where the hospital used to be located for example maybe they can all be relocated to one of those islands & that's that.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Drug test a judge sitting on a the bench and find out what kind of personality altering legal medications they are on- that might cloud their judgement....Half of the population is on dope these days- prescribed and street. It's not just a problem inflicted on the poor.

It's a full blown drug culture- and if you are on dope prescribed by a doctor does not make you better than a person on street drugs. Most of those on phama product are taking the easy way out and most don't need the medication...but as I said..it's a drug culture.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
For God's sake.

Mandatory drug testing is EXPENSIVE.
So because some blue-noses want to regulate everyone's morality taxpayers should pay MORE.

What a silly waste of money whose only purpose is to degrade the poor. Isn't poverty degrading enough?
It has nothing to do with degrading poor people. Just because someone is poor doesn't mean they have to use drugs. If any, maybe having the mandatory drug testing to qualify and keep the free welfare money coming will help people kick the habit. There has to be recourse for welfare people using drugs. Stripping them of their welfare money is an excellent punishment. Play by the rules or suffer the consequences.

On a side note, I thought you loved REGULATIONS. I thought regulation was your friend KK? Remember? Regulating landlords is what you advocate? Just like rent regulations. I find it funny that how you denounce REGULATION because it doesn't benefit you yet you are a proponent of regulating landlords. You're a real piece of work KK.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Staten Island doesn't want them. We need to remove the trash that has decsimated in the Stapleon West Brighton area.

There are a few little islands surrounding NYC, like Govenors Island or that Island where the hospital used to be located for example maybe they can all be relocated to one of those islands & that's that.
Yes that would be ideal

Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
Um, you better not smoke any weed. It might further lower your reading skills.

To further clarify what I actually said: I haven't always worked low wage jobs. So, I'm footing my own bill.

"Conservatives" like yourself have Barry Goldwater, Robert Taft (bet you don't even know who he was; he stood up in the Senate to condemn the internment of Japanese Americans during WWII) Abe Lincoln, and all Republicans worthy of the title rolling in their graves.
Come on Steve...fess up already. Just say you smoke weed or pop pills. we all know your urine test or hair sample test is gonna back back dirty. I can read between the lines.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Play by the rules or suffer the consequences.
That's the problem, there is no consequences, that's why they freely abuse and become even more entitled. They are not one bit grateful for the assistance they already receive and expect more.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,142,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
That's the problem, there is no consequences, that's why they freely abuse and become even more entitled. They are not one bit grateful for the assistance they already receive and expect more.
Exactly. They don't have to work for the money they receive, so they are very excited to get cheap housing and food stamps and cash. What I find funny is that people love to complain about the problem, but when there is a reasonable solution, they reject it. I don't want BAU, I want a solution that helps the people in need while punishing the people that abuse the system. Not everyone abuses the programs and I would be fine if the drug testing didn't kick in until after a certain amount of months. A lot of people fall on hard times, get on food stamps for a bit to help out then get back off. That's perfectly fine. A boost to help people get on their feet again. But spending your life on assistance? No way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City