U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 AM

371 posts, read 518,265 times

Advertisements

7/30 8/27, 9/24 & 10/22 are the orientation days.. and they will be sending pre orientation up until number 3435.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 AM

360 posts, read 472,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
Damn straight. I work in manhattan. I live on the south shore. I am in in 35 minutes. And I am home by 2:15 everyday. Goin through jersey is the ticket. I have a buddy who lives in Brooklyn. And I get home 20 minutes before him. If I worked in BK. even the closest BK south it would take me an additional 10-15 minutes. And more in tolls. Commuter package folks. You can keep BK and all the death march house to house. I'll stay in manhattan thanks.
Holland tunnel represent ...

Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 AM

473 posts, read 611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
has anyone been a first time home buyer while working for dsny?? im looking for info about what kind of programs our job offers...do they help with our closing costs?? less money down?? lower interest rates??? etc... ur info would be greatly appreciated!!
The union gives you 1500 for your lawyer or you can use theirs for free. Depending on where you get your mortgage union plus.org gives you a discount on closing costs

Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 AM

1,033 posts, read 761,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
right 40 minutes...

I don't know what planet you think the Bronx is on...but that's the amount of time it takes me to get to BX1. Mauve cause I live on south Staten island but shooting through Jersey to bx seems to always be quicker than sitting on crowded Staten island or Brooklyn highway to bounce or not make truck.
Hey, I'm from Earth and The Bronx is as well.

The garages I listed have the commutes I mentioned. 20 minutes means; 5:00 wake up, at the job 5:20. 5:25 with a coffee stop.

Now every here knows, including yourself, that SI to BX does NOT have that commute time.

4-12 shift, leave your house at 3:00 and arrive to the District 3:30. Everyone here, including yourself, knows that SI to BX does NOT have that commute time.

Anyhow I've worked in The Bronx, Bronx 7 out of FBF until I transferred out.

👋😏

Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM

2,404 posts, read 2,136,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
Hey, I'm from Earth and The Bronx is as well.

The garages I listed have the commutes I mentioned. 20 minutes means; 5:00 wake up, at the job 5:20. 5:25 with a coffee stop.

Now every here knows, including yourself, that SI to BX does NOT have that commute time.

4-12 shift, leave your house at 3:00 and arrive to the District 3:30. Everyone here, including yourself, knows that SI to BX does NOT have that commute time.

Anyhow I've worked in The Bronx, Bronx 7 out of FBF until I transferred out.

👋😏
You're more than welcome to ride with one night and clock me. Grab yourself a Jersey ezpass and a commuter package. Right over the Goethals, fly down the open turnpike at 80, overt the gwb, exit 1 to 179 street and straight down Broadway.

Took me an hour to get to bk11 recently due to traffic. Granted I only know one way there. But for a 6am shift at BX1, you leave at 515 you get there in time even with rolling through the Dunkin donuts on the corner of brown and Bruckner.

Now granted for this the extra incentive is you can do this and have guys beat right out if the gate, make truck etc in these Bronx garages. Not gonna stay forever. But unless you're coming off the FDR to sit in traffic on the bqe, it certainly wasn't the bazillion hour commute FBF made it out to be.

unrelated but how was BX7? Did baskets there Sunday and it was crazy. Didn't know if was only because it was a Saturday night but streets were packed even at 3am. People everywhere. Fordham baskets amazed me lol

Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM

2,404 posts, read 2,136,170 times
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx

....i'm half waiting for someone from Queens who lives on Staten island to come represent lmao.

Its good all the boroughs get love

Old 06-18-2012, 09:43 AM

Can anyone who had pre orientation today update? Also for the people who had pre orientation in the past, Usually how long after that do they send you for medicals? a few days or weeks?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 AM

183 posts, read 160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Can anyone who had pre orientation today update? Also for the people who had pre orientation in the past, Usually how long after that do they send you for medicals? a few days or weeks?
you go for medical the following day...the day after orientation...you'll get your referrals for X-rays, hearing and blood work....they give you a few days to go have these test done...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM

183 posts, read 160,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
7/30 8/27, 9/24 & 10/22 are the orientation days.. and they will be sending pre orientation up until number 3435.

those are the class dates....orientation started 2day

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicysanlady View Post
those are the class dates....orientation started 2day
Oh sorry lol I meant classes.. so my pre orientation is july 3rd so basically I can do it any day after that? and will it take more than one day? and as for the medical I looked back at a post.. is this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage time
is this the full medical.....

X rays - spine,chest,heart...what are they lookin for ?are xrays different for everybody,based on what the docter finds at the exam?
Blood pressure
Breath - alcohol
EKG - heart
Vision- eye chart deal?do they dilate you pupils,give you eye drops
Hearing- anyone know the level of loss that fails?
Doctor exam- besides hernia check,what is this exactly ?can you guys be super specific?very detailed.what kind of questions are asked,how long etc?
Blood- white blood count,hep,cholesterol,hiv,anemic,drugs,diabetes..w hat else?
urine-drugs,protein,ketones,whiteblood cells,sugar,ph etc
Urine Test good stuff to read

thanks goodluck!keep fighting if you fail!!!keep your heads up!

Blood pressure, vision, doctor exam are all very simple tests....The ekg tests the electric charge to the heart....It also shows if you've ever had a stroke....Blood is not as specific as you wrote. Urine...Mostly for drugs. Simple eye test to see if you're blind like Mr. Magoo, or if you are colorblind....X-rays are for two things...I think chest and spine.....Ear test is also like one you took in school when you were younger. I don't know passing or failing levels....That's it. You won't be put under a microscope.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City