U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 AM

504 posts, read 475,979 times

Advertisements

Anyone got any ideas?

it could be on a rooftop or not but I want to be able to sit by a window and see the city lights.

something that's not 400 dollars a meal lol..

thanks brahs and brahphinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 AM

1,253 posts, read 984,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Anyone got any ideas?

it could be on a rooftop or not but I want to be able to sit by a window and see the city lights.

::whimpers:: what the hell is this I bolded, no please don't explain

Well, I recommend Hoboken.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM

422 posts, read 368,082 times
For a nice nighttime view, try the River Cafe, and make reservations for the window. Best view of lower Manhattan you'll get! Also, it is about $100 a meal before drinks, so if you do choose to eat there, plan accordingly!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM

6,483 posts, read 4,487,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Anyone got any ideas?

There's The Water's Edge in Long Island City. I wouldn't call it super expensive but it's not cheap.

You can also go to DUMBO. There's The River Cafe down by the water. You can get a 3 course dinner for about $100 pp.

All depends on how much you're willing to spend and if you want casual, dressy, etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM

730 posts, read 1,867,159 times
Take the subway to LIC and go to Shi. It's a Japanese/Sushi place with the most unbelievable view of the city I have ever seen.

It's expensive but not $300 expensive. Go on Yelp there are reviews.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 PM

313 posts, read 546,518 times
How about Harbour Lights in South Street Seaport? You'll be looking at the river and the lights of the Brooklyn Bridge but it's still an impressive view. I haven't been there for years but I remember a wonderful dinner there with friends and thinking it would be a nice spot for a romantic evening. Prices are relatively reasonable as well, their menu is online.
Another place with a good view is the Boat House in Central Park, I haven't had a meal there, though, just snacks, but it has good reviews.
If you look at the NYC restaurants page on tripadvisor.com and scroll down on the column for "Dining options" you can check a box for "scenic view" and look at the choices it gives you.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM

6,241 posts, read 3,167,675 times
You could do a lot worse than Alma Restaurant :: Home

Excellent food, drinks, and view. It'll run you $100-$150 depending on how much you drink.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM

41 posts, read 45,720 times
I agree with bellakin123. Water's Edge in Long Island City is beautiful. My boyfriend took me there a few times and it's a very nice place, the food is wonderful. Depending on what you eat, it can run from $60-$100 per person. I believe that my boyfriend paid $150 the last time we were there and we had a full 5 course meal.

Two Times Square is also a very nice place that wasn't expensive. It's around $50-$70 a person depending on what you eat. (The view of Times Square is beautiful worth it!) If you're into Oriental food, Asiate is a very nice restaurant with beautiful views.

One of my favorite restaurants is Babbo in Soho. It doesn't have any city views, but it's such a cozy and romantic place.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM

6,483 posts, read 4,487,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You could do a lot worse than Alma Restaurant :: Home

Excellent food, drinks, and view. It'll run you $100-$150 depending on how much you drink.

Worse than looking at shipping containers and cranes? LOL...that's the pic on their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City