U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 PM

1,232 posts, read 821,996 times

Advertisements

High crime rate

My ten are in no order

My ten are:

Soundview Projects

Tilden houses

Milbrook houses

Edgemere houses

South Jamaica houses aka 40 projects

Pink houses

Marcy Houses

Harlem River Houses

Marble Hill houses

Redfern houses

I'm sure that I'm missing some I had a brain fart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM

3,360 posts, read 3,742,793 times
First of all, what's the point of this thread?

Second of all, how did the Marble Hill Houses manage to get onto that list? There are a ton of projects that are worse than those.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM

5,107 posts, read 11,935,597 times
Take out Marcy and Marble Hill..and take out one Far rock project. Polo Grounds are worse than Harlem RiverN even though it's the same area. You definitely need to add Andrew Jackson or Melrose. I heard cypress hills in the east was bad, and a bunch of brownsville projects could be on there (van dyke, browsnville etc)

Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 AM

1,232 posts, read 821,996 times
Thanks as I said I had a brain fart

Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 AM

2,754 posts, read 3,415,950 times
No you didn't have a brain fart... you just have no idea what you're talking about and are looking to get the answers through city-data members so you can brag to the boys in the hood about how you know which hood gets down... In other words, a poser... Hate to call you out, but it's pretty easy to tell and people continue to feed your threads for some reason... What gave it away to me was the fact that you put Tilden and didn't put Langston Hughes... You were obviously just going on what people talk about on here throughout city-data and formed your list...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM

12,317 posts, read 12,046,488 times
LOL, I am a Greek man from Bath Beach, I know absolutely ZERO about projects, I don't know anyone that lives in them, I have no interest in them, I would not live near them, I don't give a crap about them.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM

309 posts, read 331,294 times
Hey! With all due respect, why do you always initiate these kinds of threads? What's the point of saying these things? It's just negativity all the time. And it's ironic that your name is South Jamaica Queens Boy. Is that where you're from? I'm confused.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM

309 posts, read 331,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
No you didn't have a brain fart... you just have no idea what you're talking about and are looking to get the answers through city-data members so you can brag to the boys in the hood about how you know which hood gets down... In other words, a poser... Hate to call you out, but it's pretty easy to tell and people continue to feed your threads for some reason... What gave it away to me was the fact that you put Tilden and didn't put Langston Hughes... You were obviously just going on what people talk about on here throughout city-data and formed your list...
hmm, interesting. I'm not familiar with the street cred thing (so, please bear with me). So, can you explain why this would be valuable information for someone posting this?

Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 PM

6,695 posts, read 4,068,260 times
lots o' dem.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 PM

2,754 posts, read 3,415,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia98 View Post
hmm, interesting. I'm not familiar with the street cred thing (so, please bear with me). So, can you explain why this would be valuable information for someone posting this?
If he's accurately knowledgeable about which projects are the worst, it'll show that he's been around and still is alive or has connections so in the insanely idiotic world of gang-banging, he has streetcred. Difference between nowadays and back then, people actually lived these things, now guys like him look it up online and pretend they know about that life... To quote the hood cats... ***** You wasn't with me shooting in the gym... Now please, enough with these threads...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City