U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM

95 posts, read 128,679 times

Advertisements

So, my upstairs neighbors live on the 5th and last floor and are disgusting and loud.
  • Disgusting because they toss urine outside their window and it enters the air conditioners below, thus making it very unpleasant to have the air conditioner on.
  • Loud because they are overweight and don't know how to maneuver around the floor without stepping down.
  • Loud because they have a 2 year old who bounces a basketball and rides a scooter at 11pm.
  • Loud because the couple has loud physical fights where you hear them thrashing things in the middle of the night.

What would you do if you lived in this apartment below these fools?

I have thought of stooping down to their level and matching their loud and disgusting behavior to try and disturb them but that's not going to get me anywhere. I'm contacting the landlord to discuss and placing a complaint with 311, apparently complaints have gone into the landlord but this behavior has yet changed.

They continue with these shenanigans despite writing a nice note to them telling them that I am a 8 to 5 hard working man that goes to night school and comes home to work on his art projects, study and relax. My 2 year old niece needs to rest and my mother cannot stress as she has health problems.

Sorry, just had to vent on here because this is outrageous.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 PM

727 posts, read 566,148 times
Wait, they toss urine outside? I had a hard time comprehending what you wrote after this due to utter shock

Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
Wait, they toss urine outside? I had a hard time comprehending what you wrote after this due to utter shock
Yes Yankee, they toss urine out their window...this is adults I'm talking about.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM

7,213 posts, read 12,072,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerCrawler View Post
Yes Yankee, they toss urine out their window...this is adults I'm talking about.
Why are they collecting it in the first place? Does their toilet not work? Or maybe too many people living there and the bathroom is busy when someone needs to use it? Wow, the possibilities are endlessly gross.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM

Beats me, maybe they collect it in a bed pan and are too lazy to walk to the bathroom...Maybe they are just trouble making problem starters...I'm just going to put in formal complaints,

Last edited by SewerCrawler; 06-27-2012 at 11:42 PM..

Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 AM

430 posts, read 438,673 times
Just curious, but do you know what ethnicity they are?

Inb4whatdoesthathavetodowiththesituation...

Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 AM

457 posts, read 169,428 times
I would look for another apt. If the landlord didn't even acknowledge the problem then he does not care. Does anybody else complain about them or just you.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:42 AM

The tremors reach downstairs and we have had to tell them that it's not us. Also there's consistent water leaks that filter down to the floor below us which we have been blamed for as well. We've been in this apt for 13 years, and a life time in this neighborhood/community...they have been here about 1 year since they moved in from a shelter or the projects so maybe they just need a little lesson in how it is to live above people.. @dapanza107, their ethnicity is disgusting loud upstairs neighbor :P

Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 AM

338 posts, read 578,777 times
Quote:
The tremors reach downstairs and we have had to tell them that it's not us. Also there's consistent water leaks that filter down to the floor below us which we have been blamed for as well. We've been in this apt for 13 years, and a life time in this neighborhood/community...they have been here about 1 year since they moved in from a shelter or the projects so maybe they just need a little lesson in how it is to live above people.. @dapanza107, their ethnicity is disgusting loud upstairs neighbor :P
this joke is dripping with wack juice

Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 AM

457 posts, read 169,428 times
Quote:
It looks like either you are going to move or you are going to learn to live with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City