Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times

Advertisements

^ lol that what i was talking about: "ny" meaning the city nyc.

you could put long island with that also, if you want tho.
that's your new york state for you and yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,737 times
I was a New Yorker at one time and moved to NJ and loved it. I lived in Bergen County and it was great, so easy to get to NYC. I commuted for yrs. We also love the shore especially Cape May. There are so many great places to live in NJ. I wish I could go back but it's a little too expensive now.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,702 times
The whole thing with New Yorkers hating New Jersey is just silly, and I'll never truly understand it. When it comes to New Yorkers, especially those in Manhattan, you'll find that many of them (in Manhattan, perhaps the majority) are not originally from the city at all. However, if you go to New Jersey, especially North and Central Jersey, you'll find that an astonishing amount of New Jerseyans are originally from New York. Interesting, right? I can't even tell you how many times I've met a person in New Jersey who was born in NYC and lived there originally (and knows the city far better than any fresh-faced young New York transplant), whereas I've rarely met a Manhattanite with roots there.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:42 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,247,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanpower View Post
A lot of New Yorkers I've met really hate New Jersey. The mere mention of the place turns their stomach. Especially this guy:

Gov. Paterson on SNL Skit (Video 9-25-2010))
The only "New Yorkers" who hate on NJ or bridge and tunnel are transplants. Those who moved here after college. They are such insecure little wankers, they need someone to bust on. You can identify them very quickly, walk and talk like Midwesterners, guys look like jocks and the girls look like Carrie Bradshaw.

The truth is, many native New Yorkers moved to NJ back in the 80's to leave the crime wave.
Many folks in NJ are alot more New York than all these transplants inundating downtown NY mall.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
The only "New Yorkers" who hate on NJ or bridge and tunnel are transplants. Those who moved here after college. They are such insecure little wankers, they need someone to bust on. You can identify them very quickly, walk and talk like Midwesterners, guys look like jocks and the girls look like Carrie Bradshaw.
Not true. I am a native and I dislike New Jersey very much - granted, the areas I know.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:15 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Driving back from New Jersey really sucks. It makes you question why you went there for in the first place, and whether it was truly worth it.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:25 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I try to be in NJ as much as possible. I also never buy gas in NY unless in an absolute emergency. NJ is one of the places I flee to whenever I've had enough of this craphole and need a break. Thankfully, I have family vacation homes available any time I need them.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Thanks to the three really stupid posts I was able to increase my ignore list by three.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:18 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I try to be in NJ as much as possible. I also never buy gas in NY unless in an absolute emergency. NJ is one of the places I flee to whenever I've had enough of this craphole and need a break. Thankfully, I have family vacation homes available any time I need them.
Why wouldn't you just live there then? Its a close enough commute.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:40 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
I don't like New York or New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City