U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 06:53 PM

6 posts, read 31,581 times

Advertisements

Just had my housing interview on the 26th of June and was called for an apartment in the beach channel houses on July 2nd . I don't know much about queens but I know that the far Rockaway area is one of the worst areas in NY . so I would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff about what's the best and worst projects in queens area only . Thank you in advance .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 PM

10,947 posts, read 21,170,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMaryMarylin View Post
Just had my housing interview on the 26th of June and was called for an apartment in the beach channel houses on July 2nd . I don't know much about queens but I know that the far Rockaway area is one of the worst areas in NY . so I would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff about what's the best and worst projects in queens area only . Thank you in advance .
What do you want to know exactly. NYCHA in the Rockaways is the worst in Queens, along with 40 Projects (South Jamaica Houses) in Jamaica.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM

I would like to know which project in queens is the cleanest and has the lowest crime rate because I have a 3 month old baby to think about .

Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I would like to know which project in queens is the cleanest and has the lowest crime rate because I have a 3 month old baby to think about .
Forest Hills Co-ops are the best in Queens. Maybe 1 of the best in the city.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,564,191 times
Forest Hills has housing projects?!?!? HOLY HELL, SIGN ME UP!!!!

Well, there's a nice housing project a friend of mine used to live in in Queens in 30th street, near Astoria. One of the quieter and nicer projects I've been in. I don't remember or know the name but it decent and nothing like housing projects deep in Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens or Staten Island heck, even parts of Manhattan.

Speaking of Manhattan, maybe you should look into the Amsterdam and Chelsea projects. In comparison to projects in the L.E.S or Spanish Harlem, south Bronx and Brooklyn, those are pretty damn nice and tranquil. There's some hoods around, sure but since rich White people live in the area, its more secured and they have a lot more patrol in the area. They even have cops on the roofs.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,564,191 times
Also, the projects in Rockaway do suck, is pretty bad and are FAR away from the Manhattan or anything cool but of course close to the beach.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM

It sucks because I didn't have a choice of a specific project . I had to just pick a borough and since I'm on the high priority list , whatever they have available they throw at me . I turned the one in far rock down , and I have to take the next one they offer me . Hopefully it's a good one .

Old 07-05-2012, 08:46 PM

Also what do you know about Latimer gardens ?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Also what do you know about Latimer gardens ?
Latimer Gardens isn't bad....If you really want to pick a housing project in Queens, go with these:

Woodside Houses
Latimer Gardens
Bland Houses
Ravenswood Houses

Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 PM

1,232 posts, read 969,855 times
The nicest are forest hills co -op houses the worst are 40 projects and edgemere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City