Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,132,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Exactly right!
There are crooks on both sides of the aisle
Even the current speaker has somewhat of a shady past (eg; got caught distributing checks on the floor of congress from a lobbyst before a vote that involved that industry)
Unfortunaly, from his posts, I do sense some kind of partisanship from skilldeadly.
Pelosi, Jackson, Rainbow PUSH in taxpayer funds scandal - Chicago Independent | Examiner.com

$737 million in green-tech loan to company connected to Pelosi family? « Hot Air

I don't favor either side. I'm a Ron Paul lover and can't stand the two party system crooks. Obama, Romney, they are both just scammers saying what we want to hear. I want a return to REAL candidates that actually care about their state and making the federal government FAR less involved in our daily lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Pelosi, Jackson, Rainbow PUSH in taxpayer funds scandal - Chicago Independent | Examiner.com

$737 million in green-tech loan to company connected to Pelosi family? « Hot Air

I don't favor either side. I'm a Ron Paul lover and can't stand the two party system crooks. Obama, Romney, they are both just scammers saying what we want to hear. I want a return to REAL candidates that actually care about their state and making the federal government FAR less involved in our daily lives.
There is no need for more than two parties, the real problem is having people run for public offices with private money. All we are doing is electing rich people who take care of their rich friends who fund their campaigns. Until there is a real push to get private money out it politics, we will always have private money influencing our politicians, regardless what party they are in, and this includes people like Ron Paul.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,132,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is no need for more than two parties, the real problem is having people run for public offices with private money. All we are doing is electing rich people who take care of their rich friends who fund their campaigns. Until there is a real push to get private money out it politics, we will always have private money influencing our politicians, regardless what party they are in, and this includes people like Ron Paul.
I won't get into a discussion about Ron Paul, it never turns out well. But given the politicians we have, he is a Saint. He has done it all when it comes to life and he knows how the world works. But they write him off as a crazy old man. Oh well....

I don't understand why a President needs to raise funds when his record should speak for itself.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 PM

213 posts, read 506,769 times
Anyone ever notice parallels between Rangel and Senator Clay Davis?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I won't get into a discussion about Ron Paul, it never turns out well. But given the politicians we have, he is a Saint. He has done it all when it comes to life and he knows how the world works. But they write him off as a crazy old man. Oh well....

I don't understand why a President needs to raise funds when his record should speak for itself.
Sainthood?? That is a big statement for a politician...no politician should be looked at that way...heck, no one should. When you set you idols up like that, they are destined to let you down with their failures. Like Obama, Ron Paul is no god, and I wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him.

As for records, truths don't matter in politics, didn't you get the message? Money=free speech, so until politics isn't about who has the bigger wallet.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM

455 posts, read 648,305 times
Politics is like professional wrestling. It is all scripted and fake. There is no real difference between Republicans and Democrats. We should all dust off our HS copies of Animal Farm. Orwell was on to something when he wrote that book. AF pretty much summarizes what politics is all about. (lies, deception, power, money, etc)

Ron Paul is too good to be true.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Politics is like professional wrestling. It is all scripted and fake. There is no real difference between Republicans and Democrats. We should all dust off our HS copies of Animal Farm. Orwell was on to something when he wrote that book. AF pretty much summarizes what politics is all about. (lies, deception, power, money, etc)

Ron Paul is too good to be true.
Oh I am a huge Orwell fan, definitely think he was on to something. The world might not be exactly the same as he wrote, but the foundation is definitely there.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,885,803 times
Ron Paul is good, not great, IMO.

He's principled and stands up firmly for what he believes is right (despite some of those views being detrimental to the country), so I commend him for that.
If he wasn't so pro corporate tyranny, I would embrace him with open arms and forget about his views on religion in public life, abortion, etc...

We need more principled politicians like him.

Dennis Kucinich was also a principled politician (and better option than Ron Paul IMO) but the political establishment and media shunned them both.
That's the sad state of current affairs my friends.

Last edited by likeminas; 07-06-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Ron Paul is good, not great, IMO.

He's principled and stands up firmly for what he believes is right (despite some of those views being detrimental to the country), so I commend him for that.
If he wasn't so pro corporate tyranny, I would embrace him with open arms and forget about his views on religion in public life, abortion, etc...

We need more principled politicians like him.

Dennis Kucinich was also a principled politician (and better option than Ron Paul IMO) but the political establishment and media shunned them both.
That's the sad state of current affairs my friends.
I actually really like Kucinich, but unfortunately he will never gain any real traction in DC...though he does have a hot wife, so I don't feel that bad for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: