Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM

455 posts, read 651,437 times

Advertisements

Charles Rangel for Congress

Why is this guy still in office is beyond me? He has or had 4 rent control apts that he was paying a combined 4K for them ALL. There was also the controversy with his Dominican Villas in Punta Cana, DR. Anyone else who have gotten to jail but not politicians, rich elite, or movie/music stars.

I respect that he served his country but i believe he should step down and allow some else to carry the mantle.He has done a lot for NYC so he is not entirely bad. This dude is 80 years old and has served 22 terms. There should be a limit for every office in goverment. Achievements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
They need to put this guy out to pasture already. i can't stand him.

make him retire already and go away, far away.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:06 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
They need to put this guy out to pasture already. i can't stand him.

make him retire already and go away, far away.
I'll second that nomination...but let's face it: if the people who live in his district can't be bothered to show up at the polls, Rangel will probably die in office.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,141,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'll second that nomination...but let's face it: if the people who live in his district can't be bothered to show up at the polls, Rangel will probably die in office.
I agree. That's why people like Rangel and Pelosi still exist. Voter apathy. They way they operate and the sneaky stuff they get away with, I just don't understand how people can stand by these people and pat them on the back.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Look up the word "crook" in the dictionary. It says see "Rangel, Charles"

Old 07-05-2012, 09:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I agree. That's why people like Rangel and Pelosi still exist. Voter apathy. They way they operate and the sneaky stuff they get away with, I just don't understand how people can stand by these people and pat them on the back.
Hell, there is a list of people on both sides that should never be elected, but have carved out a safe voter block so they never have to try too hard to get re-elected.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 AM

824 posts, read 2,790,795 times
Just goes to show that being censured, which in any other occupation would be devestating, is just a slap on the wrist to a politician.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Pelosi hasn't been involved in anything near as slimy as Rangel. If you disagree with her positions that's fine, but don't blame it on voter apathy. I'd consider vote for her myself if I was in her district.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 AM

657 posts, read 716,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Charles Rangel for Congress

Why is this guy still in office is beyond me? He has or had 4 rent control apts that he was paying a combined 4K for them ALL. There was also the controversy with his Dominican Villas in Punta Cana, DR. Anyone else who have gotten to jail but not politicians, rich elite, or movie/music stars.

I respect that he served his country but i believe he should step down and allow some else to carry the mantle.He has done a lot for NYC so he is not entirely bad. This dude is 80 years old and has served 22 terms. There should be a limit for every office in goverment. Achievements

he's a cook and people are gulliable .............. so the statement that a sucker is born everyday mean nothing ...... if you the same sucker setting your self up..........

i can't believe he won............ they might as well have left pedro asperda in there not send him to jail............ they all crooks.......... just like in board of education, cuny and suny ......... all policy no enforcement........

they steal like its nothing

Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Pelosi hasn't been involved in anything near as slimy as Rangel. If you disagree with her positions that's fine, but don't blame it on voter apathy. I'd consider vote for her myself if I was in her district.
Exactly right!
There are crooks on both sides of the aisle
Even the current speaker has somewhat of a shady past (eg; got caught distributing checks on the floor of congress from a lobbyst before a vote that involved that industry)
Unfortunaly, from his posts, I do sense some kind of partisanship from skilldeadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: