Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 01:01 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times

Advertisements

Your screen name says it all Fool. I am surprised you can find anything worse than "white people." The idea that we should be governed by the hood standard, which is the lowest common denominator is laughable. While you are busy trying to out-ghetto your friends and neighbors, the rest of the world is moving forward. I hope that works out for you, seeing as it has worked out for so many other hoodrats in NYC...or so they somehow believe.

PS- the world is not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Your screen name says it all Fool. I am surprised you can find anything worse than "white people." The idea that we should be governed by the hood standard, which is the lowest common denominator is laughable. While you are busy trying to out-ghetto your friends and neighbors, the rest of the world is moving forward. I hope that works out for you, seeing as it has worked out for so many other hoodrats in NYC...or so they somehow believe.

PS- the world is not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.
wtf
I'm sorry you got your little e-feelings hurt, NOT.
Go cry to yo mama

Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
It's okay oleschoolfool... His mind is officially gone. Reading his last few posts, either he joined the bath salts fad or he's officially lost his mind the natural way...

Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM

507 posts, read 513,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue123 View Post
I'm just seeing if anyone can relate to something I've noticed:

I'm a white dude who grew up in NYC, mostly around non-white people. I always dated non-white women, mostly spanish. I'm into sneakers, hip-hop, etc.

I'm also the type of white dude who realizes that he's white and I'm comfortable in my skin. I like plenty of "white people" stuff too, basically, lol. I'm very educated and consider myself cultured. I'm just me and I don't walk around like a Vanilla Ice clown.

Now, recently I've gotten the feeling that your average white person feels a certain way toward me. I mean, it's like, I gotta be WHITE to be white. I'm pretty sure I missed out on some job opportunities recently because they could tell I'm not a white dude who grew up in the burbs, or something. I just think a lot of white people are not comfortable with that. The fact that I prefer women of color (due to a cultural vibe, first and formost), have a deep voice, and just don't carry myself as the average white boy seems to threaten them.

Lately, I'm very conscious around white people and feel like they are constantly judging me. In turn, I assume they are racist immediatly and become wary of them, and that's not right.

Can anyone else relate?
Even though I am not White I understand what you are trying to say. The same has happened to some of my White friends over the years who have been faced with racism because they do not fit the so called "norm" of what some would stereotype as being White. This happens all the time and it's nothing new. You are not experiencing White guilt you are experiencing society and what minorities go through everyday as people of color (not just referring to Blacks either when I use the term people of color). You will probably catch a lot of flack for your post but I can understand where you are coming from.

You are probably the guy that gets called "the wannabe" when all you are doing is being yourself. To outsiders that is a problem and we do still live in a society that worships White features, standards, and history.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Even though I am not White I understand what you are trying to say. The same has happened to some of my White friends over the years who have been faced with racism because they do not fit the so called "norm" of what some would stereotype as being White. This happens all the time and it's nothing new. You are not experiencing White guilt you are experiencing society and what minorities go through everyday as people of color (not just referring to Blacks either when I use the term people of color). You will probably catch a lot of flack for your post but I can understand where you are coming from.

You are probably the guy that gets called "the wannabe" when all you are doing is being yourself. To outsiders that is a problem and we do still live in a society that worships White features, standards, and history.
agreed
I got used to it a long time ago. It's not exactly racism when both sides are white, but that's pretty much what it represents. Prejudice and discrimination against another culture even if the color is the same.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Your screen name says it all Fool.
Okay ... SobroGuy read my mind.
Completely agree, I most resented the implications of "acting black" ...
What a prison for young people this creates.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
It's okay oleschoolfool... His mind is officially gone. Reading his last few posts, either he joined the bath salts fad or he's officially lost his mind the natural way...
lol@bath salts fad
It's ok tho, Ill be the one to eat his face.
He's jus mad cuz he the one wearing gay ass skinny jeans to fit in with the rest of the doushbags, and now he emotional bout it.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
agreed
I got used to it a long time ago. It's not exactly racism when both sides are white, but that's pretty much what it represents. Prejudice and discrimination against another culture even if the color is the same.
Right, right. "He think he white ..." is the black-to-black nonsense of the same logic.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post

Any flack you receive might be related to your inability to understand the rules of capitalization.
Difficulty landing that well-paying job ? DITTO.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Right, right. "He think he white ..." is the black-to-black nonsense of the same logic.
Yes. Although there is a difference like when someone acts wannabe white when they black (just like white wannabe acting black). I am not saying black people should keep it gutter, but any person of any background should keep and appreciate his roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City