U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM

8,531 posts, read 7,868,927 times

Advertisements

A couple from I don't where was arrested for dancing on the subway platform. First we have worry about the cities black population is who constantly frisked vigorously by cops, and later on cops raping out of town white women. I thought stuff like this generally hipsters at Bedford and Union Square stations on the L line dance on the subway, but this arrest did not happen there. What will NYC come up with next. For those looking to move to NYC fresh out of college think real hard and rationally about moving here.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/08...he-nyc-subway/
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 AM

11,355 posts, read 11,260,449 times
And yet two guys playing banjoes in their jockey shorts on the street become celebrities.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM

40,059 posts, read 20,026,481 times
Yes, it's hard to imagine where this will lead. Next thing you know, someone will probably try to outlaw sugary soft drinks!

(By the way, I don't usually consider anything emanating from Fox to be actual news. They just go for splashy headlines. I can write splashy headlines myself, so what do I need them for?)

Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 AM

8,531 posts, read 7,868,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Yes, it's hard to imagine where this will lead. Next thing you know, someone will probably try to outlaw sugary soft drinks!

(By the way, I don't usually consider anything emanating from Fox to be actual news. They just go for splashy headlines. I can write splashy headlines myself, so what do I need them for?)
I agree, I hate Fox news just as much as I hate ABC news for broadcasting stupid things related to Apple computers.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 AM

11,355 posts, read 11,260,449 times
Make that three: FAUX NEWS is just a waste of electrons.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,671,729 times
It is not a crime to not have ID, and arresting people for it is illegal. No doubt they will file a lawsuit and will get paid for it. I would do the same thing....there is no law that says you must carry ID! How the cops get away with this I have no idea...but sue sue sue...that's what I say..and they will win. I would also file a complaint against the officers, and do interviews on every TV station and newspaper across the city to let everyone know that if you are arrested for not having ID, you should sue sue sue!!!

While I don't like faux news, getting arrested for not having ID is illegal, the charges will always be dropped. The better question is this: If you resist an illegal arrest, what happens? They now use force against you, which will no doubt increase the charges, but they too will also be dropped since you cannot be arrested for not having ID!!!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM

1,001 posts, read 890,523 times
We don't know the whole story either. It's possible that they were obstructing the flow. Maybe they had been warned and choose to ignore. Hit pieces like these little very little info besides hearsay.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 1,900 times
If they can arrest a couple who is dancing on the platform they should arrest the guys who dance and flip on trains because its dangerous i saw a lady get kicked in the face one day on the 4 train because the guy landed wrong and it broke her nose. The guy fled from the scene.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM

8,752 posts, read 9,671,729 times
Obstructing the flow is another "catch all" offense just to arrest people..just like disorderly conduct. If you are simply standing on the sidewalk minding your own business, and an officer says go and you don't, they arrest you for "obstructing the flow." You are not obstructing anything, but they have 1000 reasons to arrest people for anything...usually the charges get dropped of course....people should always file a complain against the officer and sue...that is the only time things will change.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM

6,707 posts, read 4,074,477 times
maybe the pigs were bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City