U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM

6 posts, read 15,601 times

Advertisements

Has anyone received any call backs for the locations: The Acacia 1560 fulton The Acacia - 1560FultonSt.com in Bedstuy or Navy Green 7 Clermont in Fort Greene 45Clermont.com ? I'm single in my 20's living with family, and currently work in Manhattan. My credit is okay but could be better. When I first graduated from school I made the mistake of putting my student loans on the back burner, but have had a steady payment history. I don't have a criminal background or dependents. In order to get called in for an interview what criteria would I have to fulfill? Do I have to be older like 30 with a lot of money at my disposal, or do I just have to provide pay stubs and eligible under income requirements? I also applied for lotteries in Manhattan so I could be closer to my job, but this has been fairly recent no earlier than the beginning of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 09:52 AM

61 posts, read 159,092 times
Hello I too applied to 7 clermont way before the dead line (June 13). On the HPD website it says interviews are completed with in 30 days of the ending of the lottery and I still have not heard back. I know there is a chance that I may have not been selected but I want to make sure people have been notified before I find my own apartment.

Thank

Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM

3 posts, read 18,768 times
I have applied to the Acacia and I am awaiting an approval from the city for an apartment.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM

17,734 posts, read 23,466,706 times
My guess is that all the affordables at the Acacia are spoken for since it has been 8 months since applications closed and there were only about 20 or so affordables to begin with.

LaBordeaux...the income range is low and narrow in the $15-20K range for one or two people.

http://www.restorationplaza.org/site...2012165759.pdf

BKChick...how long has HPD been sitting on your application? When was your interview?

Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM

Default The Acacia

@Kefir King-

I was not waiting very long, I applied in May and was originally denied an apartment in which I went ahead and appeal the decision. I am so grateful it was accepted, however they then told me I was on a back up list. I continued to have faith and believing seem to pay off, I am going to view my apartment this week and will be signing my lease afterwards. I am so grateful because my two children will be in a good and healthly home, and I can continue to strive towards betterment for my two angels.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM

4,077 posts, read 4,054,828 times
Good for you for being persistent. Good luck and enjoy you new place. Also always remember how lucky you are too have gotten the place. I know people in 80/20s in Manhattan and think their **** don't stink now. The try to keep up with the Jones and its really quite sad.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM

17,734 posts, read 23,466,706 times
Wow,

BKChick, Very best of luck to the three (or 4) of you.
You really have to go through Hell t get one of these deals, don't you?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Thank you @ Livingsinglenyc and @Kefir King. The Process is quite tedious but well worth it!

Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 12,240 times
Hi how are you? I know it's been awhile since your posting but I have a question... I went for an interview today for 66 Rockwell place and got a rejection because they calculated my bonus for next year into my current year salary which makes no sense at allll! I'm going to appeal and I just wanted to know when you put in for the appeal how long did it take? And what's your current status with the apartment. Thanks!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 12,051 times
Default Please PM me about 66 Rockwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrih329 View Post
Hi how are you? I know it's been awhile since your posting but I have a question... I went for an interview today for 66 Rockwell place and got a rejection because they calculated my bonus for next year into my current year salary which makes no sense at allll! I'm going to appeal and I just wanted to know when you put in for the appeal how long did it take? And what's your current status with the apartment. Thanks!!!

Hi please PM me. I have similar situation and would like to chat with you. We can do something about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City