Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM

6 posts, read 8,827 times

Advertisements

Hello. My parents live in nyc. So I visited them and went out swimming. I myself used to work as a lifeguard here about 5-10yrs ago. And now those black guys from the sanitation dept told me I could not swim after 6pm. They threatened me with a summons and their boss even took out his handcuffs and asked me to turn around so he could handcuff me. I asked him to come closer to the water if he wanted to get physical. I have a very promising career in medicine. But I was cornered and if he let things escalate he would be a cripple and I would be a felon After 20mins of threats he decided to just "let you go but if I see you again I'll give u 2 summons". So he did not ruin my life, I am not mad at him.

But how can the center of american culture -nyc- have such retarded laws?? You come home from work at 6pm and decide to go for a swim, and you are 1 step from becoming a felon?? And you are paying a city tax for such "services"??? This fellow in green uniform also had a voice recorder and during our "interview" he made such quotes as "Here I am the nypd", "It is against the law to come outside without an id", "This is my beach", "Yeah I am mad at you"x10, "You want to play tough, well I'll show you tough"-while charging at me but not touching me. I don't want to make him look like he did anything beyond his duties, because ultimately there was no violence or summons, while somebody else in his position would want a "collar" because the law was on his side and he had "backup". But still, how can you tolerate these departments of sanitation& park enforcement?? I live in florida panhandle and you can drink beer out of cans and swim any time at your own risk, and the beach is a 1000x cleaner. But it's not a city. The only city that you have on the east coast has the worst kind of people. I bet even the most bloodthirsty gangster would not tell me that it's his beach if all I was doing was swimming there. Btw I am not american if it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 03:11 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
That was very interesting.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,456 times
'Those BLACK GUYS from the sanatation" very odd lol very very odd

speaking of swimming in nyc I use to go to John Jay park back in the 70's on E77th and Cherokee Place near the E. River. great memories and it was very family friendly..... never met those black guys from the sanitation lol

Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
Yea, I'm thinking he was swimming in the Newtown Creek sewage plant and they got annoyed at him.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post

speaking of swimming in nyc I use to go to John Jay park back in the 70's on E77th and Cherokee Place near the E. River. great memories and it was very family friendly..... never met those black guys from the sanitation lol
Just to clarify, I am not mad at them personally. But they do not live near the beach like I do. They did not make the laws. If I were a cop I would have taken revenge the next day, but not because I am mad, just because of my position. I had no idea that east river was ever clean enough to swim in. Either way, I cannot understand why a doctor or a lawyer would ever take a paycut to live in nyc.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yea, I'm thinking he was swimming in the Newtown Creek sewage plant and they got annoyed at him.
I was swimming on Staten Island public beach area. I would say it's the best beach in nyc if not for those green bastards. Because of them only welfare people can swim (10am-6pm).

Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
You think they are sanitation dept. because they are wearing green? I see.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
You think they are sanitation dept. because they are wearing green? I see.
I worked with them before. The same boss supervises those who clean the "public areas" and those "peace officers" who kick you out of the water. When I was a lifeguard nobody liked them. Not that it matters.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubumumu View Post
Just to clarify, I am not mad at them personally. But they do not live near the beach like I do. They did not make the laws. If I were a cop I would have taken revenge the next day, but not because I am mad, just because of my position. I had no idea that east river was ever clean enough to swim in. Either way, I cannot understand why a doctor or a lawyer would ever take a paycut to live in nyc.

in your 1st post you said THOSE BLACK GUYS who work for the sanatation .........that sounds very bias to some of us readers. Why not just say the sanatation guys.......... ps I am a white chickahdee quack quack

Most doctors and lawyers who come to NYC make more money in NYC then other states and come here to MAKE MORE not less.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,435 times
let me guess truth is you women love those dangerous black guys from sanitation...now tell the truth....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City