Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 03:51 PM

10 posts, read 41,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justliveurlife View Post
Hi I'm a single parent to a 16month old boy, my priority is n1, im a v.o.d.v I was assign a case worker thru criminal court and they help me with any and everything I needed, not to mention they send a cab or suv to pick u up an bring u home..and they pay u $10 per person that's on the case for each day u visit, (cash on the spot) My case worker filled out my application and mailed it out herself on (April 15 2012) I received a priority letter attached with a pin number 3 months later (July 2012). A week past and my interview application arrive basically it's like the regular housing app but instead they want u to attach the documents to it an on the last page was my interview date, which is this this Friday (September 7th 2012) I've applied for nycha in staten island. Staten island waiting list is basically non existing because nobody wanna moved there when in all reality it's the best out of the 5 boroughs, crime rate is way lower an that's what matters most to me, the commute to the city is quick and cheap, the ferry is free and runs every 1/2 an hr. not to mention there schools are good too. And if anything after a year I can always transfer. I don't know how long my wait time will be to move in but I'm pretty sure it won't be long due to the location I choose.
I hope all is well ! My situation is very similar to yours. I also am priority N1 and chose staten island as my choice of borough. I received a letter for an interview just days after applying for housing. My interview is Nov 3rd, 2014. Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Also, how did everything go when it was time to choose your locations in staten island? Which choices did they give you? I worry that its going to be those horrible ones everyone's yelling to stay away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justliveurlife View Post
havent been on this site in a few month,,...i applied for nycha April 15, 2012
my priority was n1, it took exactly 11months for the whole process to go thru, i choose Staten island as my borough of choice because the other 4 borough has a high waiting list, i figure i had a bettet chance going to a place where no body wanna go, now im currently in berry homes, the area is beautifu! ! its peaceful, there's not a bunch of people hangout, definitely a great place to raise children. ..basically i just wanted to update you guys on my final chapter an wish everyone the best of luck!!!

p.s....dont be scared to get out your comfort zone!!!
Niceeeeee ! Congrats ! Berry Homes is exactly what i'm hoping will be on the list i'm given to choose from. Good for you ! Did you get a 1 or 2 bedroom? I have a 5 year old daughter so i'm wondering what I qualify for.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 AM

26 posts, read 68,541 times
To the person who put if u were a mother with a child u would of gotten it. Not true!!! I been waiting since april 2014 i was in a domestic violence and fled from my abuser and i been on priority n1 for a while now and i stay at a shelter tier 2 shelter as well doesnt matter who you are its when a unit is available and a computer picks out so please do not say that my son is also autistic and i cnt look for work because of his school hours i was abused and left it all and was told domestic.violence victums gets help no they dont because of the women who lied to get into the system they are being strict so i am one of the ones who actually got abused and left and becaise of some who lied and cheated the system i pay a great deal ive always worked always had my own my son got diagnosed in april and trust me i need the help or else i would of been working.nycha doesnt pick u a computer does i am at a shelter desprately needing help and still have not been called and i have priority. Sorry for,misspelling words good luck to all

Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzlife View Post
To the person who put if u were a mother with a child u would of gotten it. Not true!!! I been waiting since april 2014 i was in a domestic violence and fled from my abuser and i been on priority n1 for a while now and i stay at a shelter tier 2 shelter as well doesnt matter who you are its when a unit is available and a computer picks out so please do not say that my son is also autistic and i cnt look for work because of his school hours i was abused and left it all and was told domestic.violence victums gets help no they dont because of the women who lied to get into the system they are being strict so i am one of the ones who actually got abused and left and becaise of some who lied and cheated the system i pay a great deal ive always worked always had my own my son got diagnosed in april and trust me i need the help or else i would of been working.nycha doesnt pick u a computer does i am at a shelter desprately needing help and still have not been called and i have priority. Sorry for,misspelling words good luck to all

That really sucks ! I feel your frustration and I hope you get something soon !! How long ago was your interview? and what borough did you choose? Definitely write 250 Broadway, they do respond and if you have to, write them several times.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,218 times
Hi I was looking through the messages & I noticed I'm having some what the same problem ' I am currently in a shelter I was refer by my agency to nycha I was interviewed 9/10/14 and certified 9/17/14 do you guys know the estimated wait times for the Bronx borough with 2 kids ? Which I was certified for 2 bedrooms

Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcaraballo152 View Post
Hi I was looking through the messages & I noticed I'm having some what the same problem ' I am currently in a shelter I was refer by my agency to nycha I was interviewed 9/10/14 and certified 9/17/14 do you guys know the estimated wait times for the Bronx borough with 2 kids ? Which I was certified for 2 bedrooms
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycha/downlo...rt_manager.pdf

The link I posted above is the certified waiting list for people on the nycha waiting list with N0 and N1 priority. N1 (Domestic violence victims or intimidated witness) priority. N0 priority is for Homeless people referred to nycha by hpd, acs... so if you fall under N0 OR N1 this list will give you a better idea of the wait time for the Bronx. Wait time is based on priority in my opinion. Even ppl that are considered high priority wait a while sometimes. Thats why I chose a borough with the least wait time. I hope you get in your apartment soon. Good Luck !

Old 11-01-2014, 02:03 PM

16 posts, read 56,761 times
Good news everyone! I signed my lease for castle hill houses on October 27th. The only downside is that I have to wait for repairs to be done which won't be complete until the end of November. What's one more month to wait if I've been waiting a year in the shelter? I'm so excited its such a beautiful apartment and even better neighborhood. I'm so happy....

Old 12-16-2014, 09:42 PM

36 posts, read 43,242 times
Page 10 of 10«*First<345678910

* #91********

*11-25-2014, 12:18 AM

Malikthagod07

*****befriend

1 posts, read*109*times

Hello I am n4 w3 I get ssi and dissab..
How long you think my wait will be

* #92********

I applied for housing January 13 2009 by September 4 ,2009 i was certified priority n8 on April 2014 I was called to see a one bedroom apartment the next day they show me the apartment but since I had another baby they said they couldn't give me the apartment cause it was considered overcrowded on June 2014 I had another interview to see if I qualify for a 2 bedroom apt Dec 6 2014 I received a letter from housing to pick a development my priority change to n4 and tier 1

Old 02-16-2015, 08:45 PM

6 posts, read 15,107 times
Hello all. I applied to NYCHA in 2011. I was initially given a priority of N3. I was called for an interview later that year. I was certified July 17 2013 to a housing development under priority W2. Does anyone know what is happening with the people on the waitlist for developments affected by the NYCHA and developers deal? Are they still moving people in or is there a freeze on the apartments? Almost 2 years since certification and I am beyond worried.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,438 times
Hi,
I was searching for answeres based on how long it should take for me to actually get an apartment. I am a intimidated witnesses, in a homeless shelter, with children, and ine with a disability. I am certified for the bronx and have been since April, beginning of May. The waiting process is killing me. I want out of this place like asap. Can you give me any pointers as to what I could do to expedite the process of getting a apartment quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery