Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 AM

2 posts, read 9,565 times

Advertisements

I want to transfer from a senior building where I live to another building which is closer to public transportation. I have several lung diseases and although I do walk around the city, I develop asthma when I breathe cold air (temperature of 45 degrees or less).

East Harlem has many NYCHA developments and most NYCHA residences are close to subway AND bus transportation. East Harlem would suit my needs, has many thousands of NYCHA apartments. Living closer to transportation would help me avoid living like a "shut-in" during the 5 or 6 months each year of cold weather. If I can get to a swimming pool, I will swim a mile or more. I am not feeble.

Before I make a request for transfer what do I need to know?

Thanks for your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 AM

8 posts, read 36,599 times
Transfer requests can take a while, I know that much. Have you put in for the transfer since you posted?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,436 times
I live in NYCHA in the fort green area my parents live in the Bushwick area, recently my dad was diagnosed with diminishing of the brain he is 76 yrs old and iam the only person that can care for him cause my mom needs me to care for her and help her with my dad I would like to know what's the procedure In getting a transfer as soon as possible.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,916 times
I live with my elderly mother and we currently live in a South Brooklyn Projects. We are currently gathering official medical documents from her doctors, two to be exact so we can apply for a transfer based on medical issues/distance to primary care. Anyone have any suggestions and know how long this will take. Hopefully we can file it by end of March. Thanks

Old 02-14-2016, 01:07 AM

36 posts, read 75,226 times
I have tried a medical transfer from NYCHA from Brooklyn to Manhattan. Gave all my medical and disability documents from my doctor and it took about a year of me continuing to call NYCHA to follow up and was denied. I put in my claim to be closer to my Primary Dr. As well. Was told you have to travel at least 90 min to get to your Dr. They want a letter from transit stating how long it takes to travel from where your living now to your dr. Address. If under 90 min you will be denied. I was 76 min. As per transit. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2016, 01:11 AM

36 posts, read 75,226 times
Call transit and they will send you a letter on their letter head with the exact amount of time (they don't account for delays) that's one of the forms NYCHA is going to request from you.

Old 09-12-2019, 03:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,824 times
I live in the Bronx my sons doctors is in lower manhatten how long will medical transfer take. When I go to Nycha protral it says.

sub status: development

resolution: approved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery