Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 AM

32 posts, read 77,447 times

Advertisements

Do u think the blacks would decrease in the future or increase along wilson avenue and what about the hipsters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpopryan View Post
Do u think the blacks would decrease in the future or increase along wilson avenue and what about the hipsters
FWIW and it's possible this wasn't your intention, but that sounds like a racist question...
In terms of the answer... Couldn't tell you exactly but when I look at the area, I just don't see the demographics changing the way certain people would want it too in the immediate future... Maybe a select few black folks may sell their house to a hispanic family here or there, or a city building may rent to a couple of hipsters here or there but that area doesn't have a whole lot of empty space to put new condos or buildings designed for that group of people.

Now if you look at the trends from 2000, it does indicate that it's possible the number of black folks in Bushwick may continue to go down but that area itself really didn't change much in 12 years... Based on the eye test of that immediate area, i'd say the demographics probably went from 60/38/2 Black/Hispanic/(Asian/White) to somewhere around 55/40/5 Black/Hispanic/(Asian/White)... And this was during that hipster explosion that took place from about 07-09... The hipster fad isn't what it was back then and I just feel like there are much better areas that are further along within the gentrification process that are FAR better options even within Bushwick and Bed-stuy... (Western Bed-stuy, Bushwick along the Jeffeson and Dekalb stops and along the immediate vecinity of the Halsey stop (from wyckoff to knickerbocker (which is probably where the majority of the small percentage of hipsters you see are coming from and the vast majority of them live in either one of these two buildings...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CAYQ8gEwAA

Once you pass Knickerbocker, there numbers around there are very similar if not even smaller than around the Moffat stop

Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
What difference would it make if blacks decreased or increased?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
But a bus passes through that block the b26 I think does that technically make a block safer ?
you tell me:

Police look for clues in Bushwick, Brooklyn, bus shooting | 7online.com

Old 07-30-2012, 10:25 AM

I see for a bad negiborhood the houses prices are high 500,000+

Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What difference would it make if blacks decreased or increased?
Less crime most likely .

Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Less crime most likely .
List - Best Places
just in case the first link doesn't work, go on here, and click the listing prices for homes within the 500,000-750,000. There is also one home on chester st going for 785,000.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Houses listed between 500,000 and 750,000 in Brownsville, Brooklyn... sooo, you're point about the $500,000 homes was again?

As for your second comment, please I urge you do not move here... You're ignorance will be met with hostility very quickly in what is the blackest part of Bushwick and what will continue to be so for the foreseeable future... At least Woodhaven has more of your kind where you will not have to worry about Blacks ruining the neighborhood for you... They make up about 7% of Woodhaven. In Bushwick they're around 20% and the majority of that 20% comes from the area you're about to move into...

Last edited by Yac; 08-02-2012 at 05:16 AM..

Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Less crime most likely .
Why didn't you tell your parents that? Mind you I'm black by the way. Maybe that means I'll commit a crime tonite before going to my good paying job with benefits tomorrow morning?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
Bushwick from top to bottom is a bad area. I took the M shuttle bus through there last saturday and the area just looked very run down and ugly, reminded me of City Line when I use to live there. I saw one hipster cafe near Myrtle and Broadway, the place stood out like a sore thumb.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Bushwick from top to bottom is a bad area. I took the M shuttle bus through there last saturday and the area just looked very run down and ugly, reminded me of City Line when I use to live there. I saw one hipster cafe near Myrtle and Broadway, the place stood out like a sore thumb.
No you're wrong doomdan. Bushwick is filled with hipsters and yuppies that contribute enormously to the betterment of the neighborhood ... I see the hispanic and black population disappearing very soon... @ kpopryan, within five years you will have your dreams be met with reality... all black people will be expunged from the neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: