Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,091 times

Advertisements

Decatur Avenue and Bedford Park Boulevard- Any thoughts about renting an apartment here ?

Hi,
I am a 26 year old female. I am looking for an apartment near bedford park, since I will attending Lehman college. Recently , I came across one on Decatur Avenue and Bedford Park boulevard. I am kind of not sure about the safety and the neighborhood. In the day time everything seems to be fine. But I might be coming home after 9pm since I have classes at night. I noticed that the NYPD 52 nd precinct is pretty close to the apartment. But I read very bad reviews about them.
Can anyone share their views and opinion about living in Decatur & Bedford Park blvd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM

396 posts, read 1,008,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsasharedaccount View Post
Decatur Avenue and Bedford Park Boulevard- Any thoughts about renting an apartment here ?

Hi,
I am a 26 year old female. I am looking for an apartment near bedford park, since I will attending Lehman college. Recently , I came across one on Decatur Avenue and Bedford Park boulevard. I am kind of not sure about the safety and the neighborhood. In the day time everything seems to be fine. But I might be coming home after 9pm since I have classes at night. I noticed that the NYPD 52 nd precinct is pretty close to the apartment. But I read very bad reviews about them.
Can anyone share their views and opinion about living in Decatur & Bedford Park blvd?
Hey. Yodel, BlueDog, and I live nearby. Private message me.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:26 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,584 times
Hi - I live quite close (I've been here for 8 years now). I don't think of it as a dangerous area and have not had problems. I don't think 9pm is that late, but at night you should use common sense anywhere in the city (stay in better lit and well travelled areas). You could always take the 26 bus if you're concerned. There are other Lehman College students in the area. We rent out an apartment in our house, and have had Lehman tenants.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:14 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
It's fine.I seriously thought about buying an apartment in that neighborhood and I have a friend who lives in a co op building on Decatur just above Bedford Park Blvd ,so I have spent a lot of time around there at various times of day and night.

I ended up buying a place just across the park in Pelham Parkway because it makes for a much easier commute to work for me but I really liked the Bedford Park/Mosholu area.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM

579 posts, read 945,638 times
I'm buying an apartment on Decatur between Bedford and E 201st St. I think the neighborhood is fine/

Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Hi - I live quite close (I've been here for 8 years now). I don't think of it as a dangerous area and have not had problems. I don't think 9pm is that late, but at night you should use common sense anywhere in the city (stay in better lit and well travelled areas). You could always take the 26 bus if you're concerned. There are other Lehman College students in the area. We rent out an apartment in our house, and have had Lehman tenants.
Thank you for sharing your views. Do you have any idea about the frequency of the BX26 at night? Do they run as per the schedule?

Old 08-11-2012, 11:02 AM

25 posts, read 144,462 times
The police walk by in groups. It's an okish neighborhood. I lived.a block away for most of my childhood and only have been stopped by the cops once. Decatur specifically is more rough then Marion and Webster. And if your across from the deli you will always see a crowd of kids hanging out in front of a building once its dark and sometimes early. Not to say it's dangerous, I don't hear about robberies or anything but several drug dealers are in that neighborhood. Just take a walk around at night to get a sense of the neighborhood at its liveliest.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 PM

33 posts, read 81,789 times
Its pretty chill over there really, some Fordham University students also live in the area along Bedford Park and webster, marion etc. Just use common sense at night and you will be safe, been there after midnight and really didnt feel unsafe. and that was heading to the 4 train from Webster.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM

33 posts, read 81,789 times
And you got the D train over there, IMO is faster to Manhattan the the 4 and 2.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
The Bronx
A young man was shot dead Monday in Longwood, authorities said.
Jonathan Santana, 26, was standing at East 163rd and Kelly streets at around 12:30 a.m. when a gunman opened fire, hitting Santana in the arm and chest, police said.
Santana was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, but he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Police did not know the motive or have a description of the killer.
Santana’s record shows several prior arrests, sources said.
A man was gunned down in Bedford Park, police said Monday.
Shawn Ross, 31, was found with several bullet wounds to the chest in front of an apartment building on Decatur Avenue at around 10:35 p.m. Sunday, cops said.
He was rushed to St. Barnabas Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The victim had been arrested several times in the past, according to authorities.

Pietrang, Hope your ok.
Wait, you think Pietrang was the victim "Shawn Ross"? Otherwise why would you be asking if Pietrang is ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City