Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 07:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
Whoa...
Puerto Ricans are racially white you know that? And in your previous posts you state that Puerto Ricans do nothing good for this city.
Gentrification is a class issue not a race issue.

not all of them PR's as individuals not as a whole can be of any racial group. the black population of PR is 9%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 07:57 AM

118 posts, read 443,533 times
Anyone who pays $1.25 for a can of soda is a moron. I had a guy in Times Square try to charge me $2 for one and my response was for him to go f&%k himself.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:47 AM

447 posts, read 1,563,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Puerto Ricans are not racially white. I never met a puerto rican who thinks they are white. Many of them have light skin but that doesnt make them white. There are many asians with light skin but they are not consider white.
They are originally from Spain.
Maybe a little mixing but thats it.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 AM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
They are originally from Spain.
Maybe a little mixing but thats it.
No they are a mixature of slaves, spainish from spain, and native population. They are not white.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM

461 posts, read 1,999,997 times
Quote:
You sure did explain it better then i did.
Thanks DSNYSANMAN. It's the truth. A perfect example was what happened in Westchester last year. Spano (democrat...what a surprise) was threatening to sue certain "white" affluent neighborhoods like Bronxville and Scarsdale for preserving their neighborhood by not allowing "affordable housing" (code word for blacks, latinos or ghetto people) to be built there. Spano called those community racist for not allowing "affordable housing" in their community. See the double standard?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemNewbie View Post
Anyone who pays $1.25 for a can of soda is a moron. I had a guy in Times Square try to charge me $2 for one and my response was for him to go f&%k himself.
hey, it was hot and i was thirsty. im not running around the city in 90+ weather to save 25 cents.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM

447 posts, read 1,563,818 times
Quote:
No they are a mixature of slaves, spainish from spain, and native population. They are not white.
I read in a book that they are.
But I realize PR is 9% black and they dont even look white.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 AM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
Thanks DSNYSANMAN. It's the truth. A perfect example was what happened in Westchester last year. Spano (democrat...what a surprise) was threatening to sue certain "white" affluent neighborhoods like Bronxville and Scarsdale for preserving their neighborhood by not allowing "affordable housing" (code word for blacks, latinos or ghetto people) to be built there. Spano called those community racist for not allowing "affordable housing" in their community. See the double standard?
White guilt is a horrible thing. I think of it the sameway as blacks think of uncle tom. Many white people voted for obama to show that they arent racist but in truth if you voted for him because he wasnt white that is a form of racism.
So tell me. Did spano win?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM

461 posts, read 1,999,997 times
Quote:
White guilt is a horrible thing. I think of it the sameway as blacks think of uncle tom. Many white people voted for obama to show that they arent racist but in truth if you voted for him because he wasnt white that is a form of racism.
So tell me. Did spano win?

If I'm not mistaken, I think those communities settled out of court. I think they still had to build new "affordable housing" in Bronxville and Scarsdale but maybe not as much as the initial request.

But what really bothers me is just the fact that they are forcing such beautiful neighborhoods like Bronxville and Scarsdale that don't have an ounce of "ghettoness" to take in people that need "affordable housing" (blacks and latinos that come from the "hood"). Throughout history, thats how neighborhoods decline because government policies or polictians looking for votes force nice neighborhoods to accept these ghetto low-lives in their communities.

What people don't realize is that one of the reasons why Bronxville and Scarsdale has been able to PRESERVE and keep their community desirable and "ghetto free" is because they were able to keep the "riff-raff" out from infilrating their community. It's not only financially based but CHARACTER based as well. They want like-minded people like them (educated, professional, etc.) living in their community. Thats how you preserve and keep a desirable community and make it exclusive...by blacklisting the undesirable (affordable housing people).

Old 07-21-2010, 05:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Many puerto ricans are an extraction of the european race. I know many puerto ricans who have french, italian, corsican, irish, german ancestors. During the mid 19th century spain issued a decree allowing many catholics from western europe to settle either in cuba or puerto rico. More then half a million europeans settled in puerto rico in the mid 19th century and many inter married with the local puero rican population. This is why many puerto ricans look caucasian. I know many puerto ricans with french last names. I know a puerto rican who's last name is bonaparte. Auturo farrel is a irish puerto rican and not that west side story mixing. Bacardi is not even a spansih last name it sounds italian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City