Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I was addressing YOUR comments. I'm not going to waste my time replying to every single post in a thread when I only want to make a point about one..
I'm addressing someone else's commentary so what you're cherrypicking about my critique of that commentary is relevant.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, so far no one has said the Asian battery sellers are not hustling, except now you.
Let's be completely honest with ourselves and each other. That's all that needs to be said.

Quote:
You are your own worst enemy.
I'm not the subject of the discussion, but it's interesting that you would act as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 10:00 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,127,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'm addressing someone else's commentary so what you're cherrypicking about my critique of that commentary is relevant.

Let's be completely honest with ourselves and each other. That's all that needs to be said.

I'm not the subject of the discussion, but it's interesting that you would act as such.
The battery sellers are hustlers too. No one ever said that they aren't except you. If you don't get that, that's your problem.

What really stupid is that you use an example about race (Asian battery sellers vs black candy sellers) that you invented yourself and you think it's helping your race-card based argument. It's not.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
The battery sellers are hustlers too.
There was one battery seller I used to see all the time when I was a conductor. He might still be working away at it--a heavyset white guy with popeyes. If you see him, you'll recognize him right away. The first time I saw him on my train, I told him that he had two choices: he could leave the train at the next stop, or I was going to radio for the police. After that, whenever he saw me working on that particular train, his eyes would pop out even bigger than usual, and he'd leave the train.

Just so you know, conductors find battery sellers more objectionable than the garden-variety subway hustlers, because some people take their old batteries and jam them in the door track.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:32 PM

9 posts, read 21,620 times
Yep.
Still makin that bank, whether it's actually for fundraising or not :P
Just a few month ago, i saw some girl on the 6 train selling Snickers.
Turns out, we both came off at the same stop.
I was walking near her to get up the escalator, and heard her on her cell phone saying how people on the train are dumb as ****, and how she just made 20 dollars off of the candy.I just shook my head and left.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM

10 posts, read 10,976 times
Default yes it stioll goes on

Sadly, many of those kids are actually being made to do that by their parents. I work with teens in a preventive agency and I have been told countless times that the parents have made them do it. Whats worse, is sometimes, if a child is receiving a ssi check, the parent uses that money to buy most of the candy and make them sell the candy for their own profit. Sadly, this will never go away. But what i do appreciate, is when you see one of them who actually display a talent. Even though it is panhandling. Its a nice gesture to give money too, cuz obviously, they dont have.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM

448 posts, read 685,209 times
I really cant believe people are complaining about kids selling candy. Candy. CANDY!!!!! My God, what will you people NOT complain about?

I buy from the kids when I have the munchies. Saves me the 2 extra(long) blocks I'd have to walk to the store, after I get off the train.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
My God, what will you people NOT complain about?
I won't complain about someone who sits or stands quietly in the train without bothering the other riders with noise, smell, filth, food or bad manners.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I won't complain about someone who sits or stands quietly in the train without bothering the other riders with noise, smell, filth, food or bad manners.
Why dont you pack up move? This is New York. There will NEVER be "quiet".

Get a grip.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Why dont you pack up move? This is New York. There will NEVER be "quiet".

Get a grip.
Oh, I see. You are that loud-mouth that I rode next to today.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see. You are that loud-mouth that I rode next to today.
Girl, sit the entire **** down.

Youre always complaining. Every thread is a complaint from you. If youre so unhappy, WHY are you here? Move. Leave. Get Going. Otherwise, zip it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City