Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 12:31 PM

93 posts, read 151,464 times

Advertisements

Transfers went through today

Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM

316 posts, read 489,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay_OuT_Save_Jobs View Post
You think!!! I give you 3 months before the bouncing and pay drives you nuts.
You have to be prepared my brother, I have saved a little stash to prepare for the hit in pay and I am an older married man that it doesn't matter what shift I work. I won't be pissed off because my friends are hanging out going to the club. This WILL make my life easier in the long run with the benefits and pension. I will take my beatings in the beginning and will appreciate that I am no longer in the corporate rat race anymore. I will be good my man.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM

71 posts, read 152,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBanker View Post
You have to be prepared my brother, I have saved a little stash to prepare for the hit in pay and I am an older married man that it doesn't matter what shift I work. I won't be pissed off because my friends are hanging out going to the club. This WILL make my life easier in the long run with the benefits and pension. I will take my beatings in the beginning and will appreciate that I am no longer in the corporate rat race anymore. I will be good my man.
very good bro thats the right state of mind.im also taking a pay hit but where im at there's no room for progress..cant be bouncing beer kegs the rest of my adult life with out no real long plan strategy.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM

316 posts, read 489,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reponel View Post
very good bro thats the right state of mind.im also taking a pay hit but where im at there's no room for progress..cant be bouncing beer kegs the rest of my adult life with out no real long plan strategy.
Exactly plus I hate the fact that I work 60 to 70 hours a week but because I am a salaried employee, my paycheck is the same every time. I haven't seen overtime on my paycheck in like 10 years.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:45 PM

71 posts, read 152,793 times
Quote:
Exactly plus I hate the fact that I work 60 to 70 hours a week but because I am a salaried employee, my paycheck is the same every time. I haven't seen overtime on my paycheck in like 10 years.
same here union 812 and no ot pay.been with Heineken 6 years and its getting worse by the day.i rather bust my ass know that the grass does get greener on the other side.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM

245 posts, read 385,969 times
Quote:
Tier 6 is better than Tier 0 in the private industry. Can't wait to pick up garbage!!!!!
You got that right.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:57 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,445 times
Quote:
good

I'm young, but young new hires with about 3-4 months on would always be pissed cause they'd get thrown nights and can't make some completely pointless event somewhere.

just know that your pay will pay anywhere from $350 to $400 a week depending on tax withholdings. you will probably get more during your first 30 days in the field but then expect it to go back down.

A guy I came on with resigned about 1 week after we all went nights out in BX7 after the initial 30 days of days(collection money) back in '08 simply because the paycheck couldn't make his ends meet. He was a good guy, liked the job, free of drugs, but he was just in his late 30's with a family rent and car insurance and was forced to go back to his old job.

shame because if only he would have had someway to hang on for two years financially he'd be on the job right now with almost 4.5 years on.

good guy too.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM

297 posts, read 473,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reponel View Post
X2...I'm taking a huge pay cut but I work a dead end job so in the end will def b worth it...can't wait to b a San man...I'll def work any shift with no prob...sh*t I'll work Sundays, holidays, nights...whatever...couldn't b any worse than my job now

Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 PM

297 posts, read 473,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
good

I'm young, but young new hires with about 3-4 months on would always be pissed cause they'd get thrown nights and can't make some completely pointless event somewhere.

just know that your pay will pay anywhere from $350 to $400 a week depending on tax withholdings. you will probably get more during your first 30 days in the field but then expect it to go back down.

A guy I came on with resigned about 1 week after we all went nights out in BX7 after the initial 30 days of days(collection money) back in '08 simply because the paycheck couldn't make his ends meet. He was a good guy, liked the job, free of drugs, but he was just in his late 30's with a family rent and car insurance and was forced to go back to his old job.

shame because if only he would have had someway to hang on for two years financially he'd be on the job right now with almost 4.5 years on.

good guy too.
Yeah...def going to b hard...thank god the boss now offered me p.t. or wherever I can squeeze it in...I see alot of sanitation to towing and getting my sleep in a tow truck...oh well

Old 08-20-2012, 04:24 PM

246 posts, read 593,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2gsr View Post
X2...I'm taking a huge pay cut but I work a dead end job so in the end will def b worth it...can't wait to b a San man...I'll def work any shift with no prob...sh*t I'll work Sundays, holidays, nights...whatever...couldn't b any worse than my job now
Most people on this job want to work Sundays and Holidays LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City