Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:37 AM

274 posts, read 297,545 times

Advertisements

Those playing the lottery system is like gamblers. They'res plenty of affordable options in NJ and no need to play the lottery in hopes of making it big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 09:54 AM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedguy2 View Post
Those playing the lottery system is like gamblers. They'res plenty of affordable options in NJ and no need to play the lottery in hopes of making it big.
But who wants that commute? Besides, it's not like gambling cause no money is spent - unless they collect your credit fee, but that's only if there are only apartments available.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM

8 posts, read 13,451 times
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DETAILED RESPONSE!

I will look over my application again and I actually did Phipps yesterday!

Old 02-23-2018, 04:43 PM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
RV parks in upstate and NJ have rents of $100 a month.

Get... Get...

Old 02-23-2018, 06:23 PM

954 posts, read 939,232 times
Quote:
Who the hell wants to live in NJ?

Last edited by Principle Lewis; 02-23-2018 at 07:17 PM..

Old 02-23-2018, 10:06 PM

243 posts, read 310,063 times
The process is truly awful. Especially for middle income lotteries. They are already rare, as the lotteries are geared towards destitute individuals. Plus, the income bracket is so restrictive that there is no way someone on a 65K annual salary can afford a 1 bedroom at 2K a month because 65K isn't even 2K after taxes every 2 weeks. If someone makes 65K, their rent should be $1,100 for a 1 bedroom.

Also, the process is racially charged as well. I also find it funny the individuals processing the application now require a birth certificate, 401K statements, brokerage account statements, etc. If an individual had all this...they would be well off and would not need a lottery. Furthermore, the person processing all this probably doesn't even know how to read those type of financial statements.

Old 01-08-2022, 12:20 AM

16 posts, read 13,157 times
Question Housing connect 2.0 glitch

So I went through the entire interview process. Documents sent to hpd. Come to find out I don't have cb preference. The lottery picked my application because it says I have a disability on my application. The dilemma is I don't have a disability or cb preference for the building. On the housing connect site it says I have no disabilities but somehow on all my applications it says I have a disability. My application is still pending. What should I do?

Old 01-08-2022, 08:29 AM

726 posts, read 809,405 times
Quote:
Confused by this post ppl applying to lotteries in nyc are applying because we want to live here. If there is so much in jersey you move to jersey and live your best life.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:43 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewaterd View Post
So I went through the entire interview process. Documents sent to hpd. Come to find out I don't have cb preference. The lottery picked my application because it says I have a disability on my application. The dilemma is I don't have a disability or cb preference for the building. On the housing connect site it says I have no disabilities but somehow on all my applications it says I have a disability. My application is still pending. What should I do?
You really can’t do anything except to demand some sort of explanation. They owe you at least that much.

There was evidently some glitch in the system that flagged you as having a disability. What shocks me is that NO ONE at the marketing agency, which processed you and had all your documents, managed to notice that before sending to HPD? What level of incompetence is that?

Do you happen to work for the city? I’m just trying to come up with some hope here. Is the CB preference borderline? Maybe you live across the street? Could you contest that?

So the worst that can happen now is that you get put into the general pool of applicants and will be processed again when your log number comes up. You just have to hope and pray there is still an apartment left for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery