Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM

8 posts, read 18,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
I didn't know they had separate tiers? Is that tiers for the quality of the unit?

I think if you don't wear grey sweats, timberland boots, use afro sheen, rub shea coco butter all over and put vaseline on your lips - the super will not look at you as second rate. Trick is to not release negative connotations from ones self. Avoid those "do nots" and no one will see you as second rate.
So disclaimer...this is an OLD DOCUMENT, but page 3 shows the original tiers for the apartments. http://www.west45lottery.com/West%20...pplication.pdf

To my knowledge, apartments were not divided up by tiers, more just the general allocation. When I moved in, they showed me three choices in the same building and I chose my unit from the three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 07:36 PM

913 posts, read 2,273,022 times
Congrats and good luck to all.

But those prices are so insane. The 1 bedroom was never listed. Anyone know the price of the 1 bedroom?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:16 AM

218 posts, read 473,385 times
We just handed in our paper work for 530. Anyone know how much the parking is? Are there washer and dryers in the apartments or only on the 3 levels of the building? How far is the walk to the train station? Google maps says its a 11 min walk.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 5,441 times
Hello all:
I'm a newbee on here and an applicant... Feeling all kinds today. I recently discovered, our letter
that they received our application log 157**. Who do I contact about our application, is there a number to call?
I live with my grandfather and he barely speaks any English and maybe someone tried to contact us and he didn't know who it was... ughh frustrated to say the least. Thanks all!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,441 times
Good luck everyone!!

Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,140 times
Two weeks ago we received a call from the leasing office saying they reached our spot on the wait list. We filled out all the forms and today went to go see the unit they had for us. For those who live in 530, do you enjoy living there? Are there any complaints? Has anyone spotted rats outside at night? Any other info related to living there that is pertinent?

Is anyone in a three bedroom and if so, what's the layout? Our layout looked a little weird so just wondering what other layouts look like. Our apt is east facing how's the sunlight? Thanks!!!

Old 07-17-2015, 04:14 PM

14 posts, read 22,772 times
I wonder why this thread receives such scant responses... Maybe all the excitement is gone after the initial lease-up? Can anyone provide any recent information or floor plans (Preferably for a 3 bedroom layout)? Can anyone provide any information on the building after living there?

Old 07-17-2015, 04:16 PM

14 posts, read 22,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lairac View Post
Two weeks ago we received a call from the leasing office saying they reached our spot on the wait list. We filled out all the forms and today went to go see the unit they had for us. For those who live in 530, do you enjoy living there? Are there any complaints? Has anyone spotted rats outside at night? Any other info related to living there that is pertinent?

Is anyone in a three bedroom and if so, what's the layout? Our layout looked a little weird so just wondering what other layouts look like. Our apt is east facing how's the sunlight? Thanks!!!
Do you mind sharing your layout Lairac? Are they any different from the ones listed on the site. I know of someone who had 2bd layouts that were not listed on the website. Also so mind telling in your in 510, 511 or 530? Thank you!

Old 08-01-2015, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,558 times
hi everyone i have a question. is income only calculated by your gross, or do they add other form of pay you may receive in your paycheck that are not tax deductible nor added to your ytd gross. I am in the military and get untaxed income that accounts for half of my pay. It is not calculated in my gross. Lastly my current pay this year would allow for me to quality for an apt, but my taxes last year put me under the limit, is it based on my current pay or last years taxes when calculating income restrictions.

thank you

Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times
They go by whatever is on your tax return. Stop being difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery