Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 AM

10 posts, read 35,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applicant View Post
Justme007-

So I'm assuming that you've gone for your interview, had a credit check and had your information sent to both the Developer and the City. If so, that's great.

I thought the apartments were really nice. Great fixtures, standard - though very attractive kitchen cabinets, nice stainless appliances and a really attractive bathroom. The hallways are covered with a rough, dark brown fabric and lit by wall sconces. Laundry on three floors and storage units on the others. I only saw apartments in the 530 building, not the towers or the building built over the tracks.

The apartment is approximately 450 sf, one studio was over 500 sq. The one I was offered has a separate kitchen, though some lines have the kitchen as part of the main studio room. The bathrooms are large, particularly in the ones without separate kitchens.

Good luck. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Thank you, my application was sent for approval with the city. I have been told that it would take a week or so for the city to approve me, so I'm crossing my fingers.
I am so excited, can't wait to see the apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
Only in NYC do people have to fight each other and play in lottos to try and get "affordable housing" that still costs $2,000+ for a shoebox in the hood.

LOL just LOL
jealous? LOL

Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM

43 posts, read 76,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
jealous? LOL
Sad, actually...

Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 22,376 times
Hello,

Hi everyone. Okay, so I have sent in my paperwork about 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received any notifications about an interview yet. I am a bit vexed because I have applied to multiple lotteries in the past and have grievously been placed on the abiding waiting list. Maybe the duration of my status decision has been ageless because I applied for a two bedroom apartment?

Good luck to all of you!

Thanks,
Pancakes

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM

20 posts, read 53,323 times
I sent extra papers more than a month ago, and still no update.. Anyone got good news?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need1apt View Post
I sent extra papers more than a month ago, and still no update.. Anyone got good news?
They are really SLOW!
I'm waiting for over a month for my application to be send to to the city for approval...

Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,782 times
My info was sent to the city April 19th and still no reply either. They also said that tenants will be moving in up until December of this year as different sections open up so it could potentially be a really slow process.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0007 View Post
They are really SLOW!
I'm waiting for over a month for my application to be send to to the city for approval...
Wait aren't you the one who asked about moving in a boyfriend? You aren't even approved and moved in and you want to cause that uproar. If you want dude to move in you must qualify with him. Means he has to pass all the requirements and your 2 incomes will be added together. I wold just continue along with the process solo. Let him stay over from time to time but keep the apartment to yourself.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM

10 posts, read 20,604 times
I sent the original docs in around April 10th, called them a week later and she said she received my paperwork but haven't gone through it. Meanwhile a friend of mine applies to the Forest Houses apartment in the Bronx in April, got an interview on May 9th, approved by the city that same week and is moving in this Friday smh. I don't wanna keep calling and being a pest since I don't wanna move until school ends in June for my son but come on. I filled out this app last year

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latashababygirl View Post
I sent the original docs in around April 10th, called them a week later and she said she received my paperwork but haven't gone through it. Meanwhile a friend of mine applies to the Forest Houses apartment in the Bronx in April, got an interview on May 9th, approved by the city that same week and is moving in this Friday smh. I don't wanna keep calling and being a pest since I don't wanna move until school ends in June for my son but come on. I filled out this app last year
They called me a month and a half ago saying that someone will call me in a week to come to the office and sign the paper work for the city . No one called me yet, they said that its taking longer the expected.
I have also been told that people will start moving to the busilding in JULY!
Application process started last year! VERY SLOW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery