Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Images used to generate hate and racism serve no useful purpose...what's the point of this video clip? China uses these methods of propaganda all the time to create a false image of America...I remember dealing with posters from China back in the day...they would post...pictures of beautiful Asian woman and beside the picture they would post huge fat and ugly American woman as if to say THIS is what America looks like...So why slander your own nation? That is like bad mouthing your own family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yes of course, punish the wealthy and successful people because they ALL got their wealthy illegally. And while you're at it, convert this country to a communist country where EVERYONE is equal and ALL share the same resources despite some working harder to get them than others. Thats a fair trade off. Sure, that sounds like a plan. Worked so great for Russia and Cuba.
Just pointing out a defect in what should be good capitalism. I am not a lefty...far from it..but if I see something amiss on the left or right I will mention it. Most great wealth is accumulated through a combination of hard work...deep desire to succeed and a certain cruelty. I have never met a super rich person who was not slightly cold of heart...My experience consisted of the government crippling me over a tax issue that was not dealt with intelligently or properly...I do resent being screwed while those higher up the food chain are ignored...even if they have obviously done something illegal..I am just poor guy...but I sure would have liked to have kept what I earned.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:36 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
For those tired of Welfare Cheats and Lazy Do for nothings

I too am sick of them and wish we could close down Congress and force them to get gainful work OFF the public teat. Welfare Cheats in the House of Representatives get $174,000 a year to do pretty much nothing.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

I too am sick of them and wish we could close down Congress and force them to get gainful work OFF the public teat. Welfare Cheats in the House of Representatives get $174,000 a year to do pretty much nothing.

I'm sick of those kinds too.

Here's the wrinkle in cutting down on Welfare fraud or benefits.

These women (or girls) who are shacking up refuse to work in order to get their benefits. So their live-ins just do more undercover things in order to make ends meet. So if the live-in boyfriends were already of the criminal element they're just doing more of the same just to make up the money.

So even if you support the crackdown the haves will pay way one or another by being victims of these sort of people.

Conservatives, I hope you're taking note. You may not want to contribute to the social programs but those receiving it may think of alternatives that you won't like either if they're cut off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City