Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
republicans get more $ in handouts than
the democrats, but they would have
you thinking otherwise.
They BOTH are.

Quote:
more love for the greedy than the needy.
nobody should be freeloading off the
government through deception period.
"Freeloading"?

In case you didn't know, 1 in 7 AMERICANS are on foodstamps.

New York has 7 million people and right now, the count of families on foodstamps is closer to 3 million.

They have a Medicaid office in LIC that is ALWAYS empty. Clients get in and out in about hour. People aren't concerned about their health. What good is your health if you can't eat?

More people are interested in getting FOOD STAMPS over cash, because they're HUNGRY. Hunger always wins out.

7 times out of 10, they won't get cash anyways.

It's really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
No one is truly against helping those who need it, or expecting people will be responsible in thier lives and but not every single person who loses a job becomes destitute. I have seen many fall hard and not only pick themselves up, But rose higher then before. There will, regardless of opinions be help for those who need it but unfortunately those who expect something for nothing.

Pioneer spirit, blood, sweat and tears-America was built on it. I am proud to live here no matter what.
Are you from NY? You sound like a red state person that believes everything said on Faux News (Fox News).

Quote:
And from the thread earlier marylin-I am not small and can hold my own against the punks, Believe me.
Yeah, I'll assume so. Do you live in the Bronx?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Are you from NY? You sound like a red state person that believes everything said on Faux News (Fox News).

Yeah, I'll assume so. Do you live in the Bronx?
My profile is public. You probably know the answer already anyway.

I like heavy metal too!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
My profile is public. You probably know the answer already anyway.
I don't check people's profiles. If that really is you in your pic, then yeah, those dudes aren't gonna mess with you. LOL!

Quote:
I like heavy metal too!
Cool!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
Quote:
They BOTH are.

It's really sad.

are you in your feelings? this is
nothing to get upset about,
because I'm only referring to the
people who abuse the system, not
those who use it. more power to
them anyway. they're just being
smart.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
are you in your feelings? this is
nothing to get upset about,
because I'm only referring to the
people who abuse the system
, not
those who use it. more power to
them anyway. they're just being
smart.
Oh, okay. I thought you were referring to everyone.

It's very rare to get away with that these days. In order to commit some serious fraud, you will need somebody that works INSIDE HRA to be down with it.

They ALWAYS wind up getting caught later though.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Human Resources just started to enforce those who are receiving food stamps that are not disabled, going to school, or caring for elderly or children must receive training, counseling, or training to continue to receive their food stamps. There are other exclusions I can't remember off the top of my head right now. They are also cracking down on those selling their food stamps.

If they don't go to a specified center in order to sign up or prepare to look for job opportunities, this includes preparing a resume if they don't have one, then they are immediately cut off.

Now did I give you something to smile about today?
No ... because I can imagine the exemptions. For instance, the two baby-mama types, their toddlers, and their (new) male consorts who are also living in the shelter across the way. Average age is sixteen, my guess. Are they exempt ? Because their presence here has literally trashed the neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

So yes I am on board with this...but everyone cheers when we squeeze the little guy, but nobody addresses the BIG guys sucking our country dry...corporations. So if you want to be serious about cheats, let's talk about the REAL cheats...until then...this is really the usual smoke and mirrors.
The mistakes is calling one "real" and another not. Both are glaringly destructive and equally bad - in different ways.

One I grew up with and around, one I encountered for years working with the so-called "underprivileged."
Remarkably similar.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
No ... because I can imagine the exemptions. For instance, the two baby-mama types, their toddlers, and their (new) male consorts who are also living in the shelter across the way. Average age is sixteen, my guess. Are they exempt ? Because their presence here has literally trashed the neighborhood.
What are the "two baby-mama" types?

Do you mean lesbian couples?

Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:

You're comparing Ellis Island immigrants to post-technology america where NO ONE can escape a background check of any sort? Okay.
Knowing the technological advances, perhaps Daryl Dirtbag might want to think twice before committing a crime.

Quote:
If you're on assistance, the government now gives you free cell phones. Most poor people in this country do not have xboxes, cable or even a television.
And who is the government? We taxpayers who these scammers are cheating.

Quote:

You have absolutely no freaking clue. Sad.
If you have extra to give, please be my guest. Just don't be looking to get charitable out of my pocket. Times are tough all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City