Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM

383 posts, read 1,312,032 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why people get all hyped about housing projects. I honestly was close to living in Lafaytte Garden, if it wasn't for my ninja jay let me live with him. Lafaytte is still known for its violent crimes. Alot of gang violence, i here more about stabings then shooting over there. Anyways lliving in the PJs sucks, there old grimy. people always yellin, violence/crime. i mean yea most of the time if your from the PJs you've already got G status. Its hard to make it out of the PJs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM

33,389 posts, read 46,795,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
I don't understand why people get all hyped about housing projects. I honestly was close to living in Lafaytte Garden, if it wasn't for my ninja jay let me live with him. Lafaytte is still known for its violent crimes. Alot of gang violence, i here more about stabings then shooting over there. Anyways lliving in the PJs sucks, there old grimy. people always yellin, violence/crime. i mean yea most of the time if your from the PJs you've already got G status. Its hard to make it out of the PJs.
Huh?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM

383 posts, read 1,312,032 times
funny story. White dude is goin to vist his spanish girl friend who lives over in Clinton Hill. Dude gets off at the Classon ave stop right in front of Lafayette PJs. mad crips are chillin outside, dudes stairs(first mistake) then began to walk away fast(second mistake) within seconds dude is robbed of everything/beat the hell up. How do i know this?? i work with the guy. hahaha. All i could say to him is welcome to New York Son.

He just moved here from Tampa,FL. Dude came into work come tuesday, but eyes busted, lip busted, nose broken, and robbed of 250$ worth of stuff. Dude called the cops and said they did nothing about, but tell him that he needs to be more carefully at night. hahahahaha! To my Co-worker Kenny Reed, You should have asked me, i live in Clinton Hill. hahahah

Old 02-08-2011, 07:34 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,207,073 times
Facts about notorious projects in NYC:http://www.nycmuzik.com/node/102

Old 02-08-2011, 08:44 PM

33,389 posts, read 46,795,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Facts about notorious projects in NYC:Hip-Hop
That list sucks. It's hip-hop oriented. I can compile a better one by borough but I'm getting tired. I'll do it by borough, starting with where im from, Queens:

not in any order:
Edgemere Houses
Arverne Houses
Carleton Manor
Beach 41st Street Houses
Hammels Houses
Redfern Houses
South Jamaica Houses
Queensbridge Houses
Baisley Park Houses

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,748,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
Uh? Could someone translate?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM

556 posts, read 1,441,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Uh? Could someone translate?
He doesnt see why every one makes a big deal about the projects. They are loud, grimy and crime ridden. If you grew up in one you are considered a gangster. It is hard to move to a higher socio-economic status having been brought up in one.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:00 PM

82 posts, read 175,058 times
I haven't visited every nycha development out there but mosto of my family lives in the projects. I will list them and how I feel about them.
Red Hook (brooklyn) - ok, the area is changing. I see white people o_O
Marcy (brooklyn) - ehh. The area is improving but it still sucks. Sorry Jay-Z ;D
Samuel Gompers (manhattan) - ok. Very clean.
Cooper Park (brooklyn) - good. My top choice. Pretty low key. I love the industrial part of Brooklyn.
Jacob Riis (manhattan) - ok. Depending on what building you get, there is a beautiful view of the FDR and the ocean.

As you have noticed I failed to mention the bronx and queens. I personally hate the Bronx. I don't know anyone from there except for my father. I was born in brooklyn raised in queens.
HOWEVER...
The part of queens I hate more than the Bronx is the good old Far Rockaway.
I lived in wavecrest gardens (not a nycha development) from 1995 to 2006 and let me just say it sucks.
All the projects in far rock suck!
Especially redfern. That poor rapper who got shot there. ;(
That entire area is garbage.

Anyway, any projects you go to will have flaws. You should avoid moving into the projects period. It's purpose is for people who are not doing so well financially or have special circumstances. If you live in the projects your goal should be to better yourself and move out whenever possible.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:05 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,207,073 times
Webster, Butler, Morris1, Morris2, between Webster and Washington are really bad. The tenements across the pjs on Webster Ave are very rundown and nasty looking. An insult to human senses.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,984,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Webster, Butler, Morris1, Morris2, between Webster and Washington are really bad. The tenements across the pjs on Webster Ave are very rundown and nasty looking. An insult to human senses.
Last time I went they were pretty tame. That area is a shell of it's former self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City