Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
How can that be??? Many of the people moving into "East Williamsburg" say they always pass by the Bushwick Houses and never feel threatened!
Watch this video and a gentry chick making a comment the general area.

Man In Custody In Connection With Shooting Of On-Duty Police Officer - NY1.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM

423 posts, read 1,281,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Watch this video and a gentry chick making a comment the general area.

Man In Custody In Connection With Shooting Of On-Duty Police Officer - NY1.com
I saw the video... I don't know how these people are oblivious to these type of things... they definitely happen. About 3 months ago 2 friends and I were robbed and beaten at gunpoint literally a block away from here on Siegel Street.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Cops can get shot anywhere. Not to downplay it by any means, but I think the area surrounding Bushwick Houses looks much worse than it actually is. That doesn't mean I'm saying that it's a safe area.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,986 times
Quote:
I saw the video... I don't know how these people are oblivious to these type of things... they definitely happen. About 3 months ago 2 friends and I were robbed and beaten at gunpoint literally a block away from here on Siegel Street.

How did this happen? Describe the scenario please(Ive known when i was about to be jumped, always can sense it, never have, except in LI when i was 6, dont think that counts lol)

I also had an incident on Bushwick ave(some fam lives by grove), I tappped some guys bumper in traffic, he got out and I was with my lil bro, so I told him stay in the car. I got out, dude was tripping, luckly his friend was there and said "its thanksgiving, cmon"(no damage btw). He was a big dude, but lucky he didnt try nothing or he would have had a hole in his skull.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Don't really wanna get too into the details but we were walking my friend home after a party (in the neighborhood, and he lives in the Bushwick Houses). We're passing by the Borinquen Plaza houses which are on Seigel Street, a block away, and a group of guys were inside the lobby and come out and ask us if we want to buy weed, we declined, then basically two of them took out guns and yeah.

We're all minorities and born here in NYC (not that I think it matters, just putting that out there...)

Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,553,840 times
Bushwick Houses has definitely been hot for the past year. More so than previous recent years. Not only the cop getting shot but others that have made the papers and those that didn't. Hopefully this unfortunate incident will spark a massive crackdown on those projects.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:41 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,986 times
Quote:
Don't really wanna get too into the details but we were walking my friend home after a party (in the neighborhood, and he lives in the Bushwick Houses). We're passing by the Borinquen Plaza houses which are on Seigel Street, a block away, and a group of guys were inside the lobby and come out and ask us if we want to buy weed, we declined, then basically two of them took out guns and yeah.

We're all minorities and born here in NYC (not that I think it matters, just putting that out there...)
Thats rough.

I make a policy of walking far away from lobby/apartment entrances, and round corners widely when walking at night. When a stranger ask me something, I immedatly move back and put my hands behind my back, like I can pull something on them. If i even answer, I respond in a way that is very dismissive of them, usually looking over them or at their forehead(dominating). The other key when walking past/thru a group is to act like there is someone you know behind them, or to get right next/behind them and sternly say excuse me, while still moving. Any hesitation/interaction and your getting in trouble.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM

400 posts, read 983,519 times
Quote:

Yea, make sure you insert the race card, even when it has absolutely does not pertain.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Yea, make sure you insert the race card, even when it has absolutely does not pertain.
Most of the crime that happens in the city is minority vs minority. I guess that's why I mentioned it.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM

66 posts, read 181,125 times
"I immedatly move back and put my hands behind my back, like I can pull something on them."

I don't know how it works here in NYC, but trying something like that where I'm from can get you shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City