Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
djjones..my explanation about changing demographics in NYC was quite clear, and the reason why we see blacks at the bottom so often in NYC. It is the same reason we see an equally untrue view of whites, as solely wealthy and priviledged, which is far from the case.

If you are not able to comprehend my analysis, that's ok. I have nothing against any particular race/color...simply educating those who don't understand why NYC is currently the way it is. FYI I am "white" also...no snarling here.
I comprehend it Sobro and DJones does too, but like ME, he knows the OP doesn't care about any of that.

They just want to clown the black race as a whole and invite others who believe like they do (HilltopJay) to vent as well.

I also agree that this is one of the most disgusting and blatantly racist threads I've seen on CD in a long time. Very sad.

Um, you've also noticed the OP hasn't been back to "discuss" the black minstrels and low life blacks she encounters either. Wonder why?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I comprehend it Sobro and DJones does too, but like ME, he knows the OP doesn't care about any of that.

They just want to clown the black race as a whole and invite others who believe like they do (HilltopJay) to vent as well.

I also agree that this is one of the most disgusting and blatantly racist threads I've seen on CD in a long time. Very sad.

Um, you've also noticed the OP hasn't been back to "discuss" the black minstrels and low life blacks she encounters either. Wonder why?
The person "CLAIMED" she was black at the very very very last part of her very very very last sentence. I don't buy it.... If she is black then I really feel bad for somebody who has to walk around with so much self-hatred.

Her homeless claim was completely insane; she said 9/10 homeless ppl she see is black

Yeah, ok, Aunt Ruckus!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...c4a9o1_500.jpg

Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM

145 posts, read 284,708 times
Quote:
djjones..my explanation about changing demographics in NYC was quite clear, and the reason why we see blacks at the bottom so often in NYC. It is the same reason we see an equally untrue view of whites, as solely wealthy and priviledged, which is far from the case.

If you are not able to comprehend my analysis, that's ok. I have nothing against any particular race/color...simply educating those who don't understand why NYC is currently the way it is. FYI I am "white" also...no snarling here.

This is literally all you had to post:

Quote:
The blacks that you see are oftentimes the blacks who are stuck, the least capable and poorest segment of the population dependent on city/gov't for day to day life.

All of the rest is unnecessary and shows that yes, you have a hard-on for whitey. I've seen it in some of your other posts. I can care less if you are a light skinned hispanic man. You know what I am referring to, so stop playing semantics...

Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
The person "CLAIMED" she was black at the very very very last part of her very very very last sentence. I don't buy it.... If she is black then I really feel bad for somebody who has to walk around with so much self-hatred.

Her homeless claim was completely insane; she said 9/10 homeless ppl she see is black

Yeah, ok, Aunt Ruckus!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...c4a9o1_500.jpg
If she really is black, then she wouldn't have posted a "vent" like this on a mainstream forum like this one.

This is a vent you post on black-based blogs, because everyone would "understand" what she means and to "whom" she is referring. I was most bothered by her talking about the young black mother with all the kids on the train. How does she even know she's the mother of all those kids? Maybe she's babysitting a couple of them.

Self-hating negroes get on my freaking nerves.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
djjones...I prefer to give more thorough explanations..you don't. Congrats. As for your second comment, I have nothing against any color...because I don't allow misinformation and ignorance to go uncontested, does not make me anti-white. Also..I am not "light skinned" anything...I am simply "white"..no more, no less. Why is saying I am "white" semantics?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 AM

577 posts, read 900,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What I've realized with many of the posts that single out blacks as being "bottom feeders" is that they have ALWAYS believed this and no amount of trying to explain WHY will make a difference.

Continue with your rant about all these "disgusting" blacks that you see.

When I was in LA, I saw white minstrels and mostly hispanic mothers with their upteen kids on the bus/train trying to keep them quiet. Also, it was a combination of black and hispanic kids selling those freaking bars to people as well.

You make me sick.
I didn't get the impression she is trying to condemn ALL blacks. We all know that there are plenty of black people who would never act as she describes nor let their children act that way. She wants to know why, in such a diverse city as NY, the poorest of the poor on the street are mostly black, and why blacks put on minstrel shows to try to get handouts.

As for the first issue, my impression is that AAs have weaker family backup than do other racial groups, which means they're more likely to find themselves to the point of being homeless if they ever are facing a crisis. Blacks also have a high incarceration rate, and once they have a criminal record, they can't move into public housing (correct me if I'm wrong) again putting more blacks at risk of being on the street.

As for the minstrel shows... I don't know... people like nostalgia so maybe they think that songs from the 50s and 60s or throwback breakdancing will warm up the crowd? Or maybe there's some kind of subculture/ aesthetic inbreeding going on with street performers?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
djjones...I prefer to give more thorough explanations..you don't. Congrats. As for your second comment, I have nothing against any color...because I don't allow misinformation and ignorance to go uncontested, does not make me anti-white. Also..I am not "light skinned" anything...I am simply "white"..no more, no less. Why is saying I am "white" semantics?

Go to some function made up entirely of white people in the traditional sense, be it some old money function or a hockey game. As a puerto rican, you're not "white". And there's absolutely zero wrong with that, don't read me wrong.

And don't try and differentiate between causasion and white. I know the tactic. That is playing semantics IMO.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
Mermaid: And we have already discussed the answer to these questions. Had she been around 60+ years ago, she would have had the same gripes with the Irish and Italians..but those poor have since moved out. And we should all know why AAs have weaker family backups and wealth than whites...it's kinda what happens when you spend 200 years as a slave population, not allowed to educate yourself, vote, retain and promote positive social values and strong families, create and transfer wealth....so why be surprised that blacks are the poorest/high incarceration rates/lack of "traditional" family values in many cases...it was kinda the purpose of the whole 200 year slavery thing remember?

Unless we spell these things out for people, are they really incapable of understanding this very simple cause and effect?

Djjones...as for your comment, you should know that being "white" is a social construct, not a race. Irish were never white..they magically became white. Italians..same thing..Greeks...same..Jews...well the jury is still out on that although in NYC they are considered white. Today some Arabs and Hispanics, including PRs, Cubans, etc, are being considered white. What being "white" means today is that you do not visibly look black, asian, arab or stereotypically Hispanic...that's all. PS- I don't think anything is wrong with being PR either..but there is a reason why they now ask "White-Non-Hispanic"..because Hispanics are white also.

You are free to agree, disagree, but the facts remain the bar for being "white" has been dropping precipitously since the Irish were reluctantly allowed to use the moniker. Since then everyone has been rushing into the party.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 10-15-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM

In the real world, not your fantasy world, being white means that you have white skin and your last name is not Lopez. Or if you're pretty goddamn white and have a lot of cheddar. It may be sad, but it's true. And until we are all the same shade of brown (which may happen if our planet lasts that long) then it will most likely be that way. Had the earth developed alternatively, and dark skinned people were the rulers throughout history, than the opposite would ring true. I'm just being a realist here, my dude...

Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I'm frustrated tonight after my train ride (work-related) from upper west side to Harlem then to midtown. I don't know if this is a just a rant or an observation. I have seen this scenario a thousand times but for some reason it just got to me today. This city has what 8 million, 10 million people representing every country and language in the world. Yet, in NYC Black people are singularly at the BOTTOM of progress.
You are not encountering "black" people. You are encountering GHETTO people.

Please do maintain the distinction. It is real enough, I assure you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City