Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,919,071 times

Advertisements

I'm staying in Queens for a week, but may need to get into Manhattan a few times.

I'm assuming the fastest way to get there is by subway (F Line), but how long does the subway usually take to get there? Half hour / 45 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,640,223 times
Depends on where in Queens. Queens is big. Try the trip planner.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 60,580 times
how to travel from manhattan to queens, to see the us open tennis championship

Old 09-08-2010, 07:24 AM

343 posts, read 1,025,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mery larsh View Post
how to travel from manhattan to queens, to see the us open tennis championship
(7) or <7> trains to Willets Point - Mets Station.

35 mins on the local (Green circle)

25 on the express. (Purple diamond PM rush only)

Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 114,433 times
Quick Question also: From College Point Queens, What is the quickest way to get to Downtown Manhattan like the Financial District on the corner of Broadway and Wall street?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 114,433 times
Every morning I am late coming into work because either the Long Island Rail Road or the Subway (R) is so slow im afraid it may never get me there. I just need a new solution to my current dilemma.

Is there any express subways or trains that leave strait from Queens that go to Wall Street? this is my issue. I leave early enough in the morning everyday that if the trains just ran on time or if nothing happened on the train ride that I would be early. But you and I both know that never happens, a train derailed this moring, two days again someone got hit bt a train at flushing main street.

So how do i do this? I want to get to wall street in the shortest amount of time possible...Express trains> one website says take the 7 to the 4 and take the 4 strait down which in turn seems easy however there is absolutely no parking around the 7 train. Does anyone have any answers at all for me regarding this issue? Thanks guys

Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,327 times
I live in Briarwood, Queens. My commute is taking the F from Briarwood-Van Wyck one stop, and transferring to the E train at Union Turnpike. The subway ride is ~30 minutes when there are no train traffic or other delays.

You could take the E to Times Square and then transfer to the N/R or the 2/3 to get to Wall Street.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,128,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrant14502 View Post
Every morning I am late coming into work because either the Long Island Rail Road or the Subway (R) is so slow im afraid it may never get me there. I just need a new solution to my current dilemma.

Is there any express subways or trains that leave strait from Queens that go to Wall Street? this is my issue. I leave early enough in the morning everyday that if the trains just ran on time or if nothing happened on the train ride that I would be early. But you and I both know that never happens, a train derailed this moring, two days again someone got hit bt a train at flushing main street.

So how do i do this? I want to get to wall street in the shortest amount of time possible...Express trains> one website says take the 7 to the 4 and take the 4 strait down which in turn seems easy however there is absolutely no parking around the 7 train. Does anyone have any answers at all for me regarding this issue? Thanks guys
Under normal circumstances, the <7> express to the (4) or (5) would be the quickest way. To get to Flushing/Main Street, you should take a bus (the Q20A, Q20B, Q25, or Q65, depending on where you live).

I found an alternate way, but it would probably be slower: You can take the QM2 or QM2A express buses ($50 per week) into Midtown, and then take the subway or the BxM18 express bus down to Lower Manhattan. However, due to traffic, I see more potential for delays.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/qm002cur.pdf (QM2)
http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/qm002acur.pdf (QM2A)

Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrant14502 View Post

GET UP EARLIER!!!

There is no excuse. The problem isn't the train, it is YOU!

Approach your job as if it is life itself, because it is. Without it you have nothing!

Think about it.

In any event, why don't you take the LIRR into Penn, then whatever subway you choose downtown.

Or, the LIRR into Flatbush, and again whatever subway line you choose (probably the quickest route).

Or, the LIRR into Woodhaven:

then the 7 train into Grand Central, then the 4 or 5 downtown; or
then the 7 train into Times Square, then the 1, 2, or 3 downtown; or
then the 7 train into Queensboro Plaza, then the N or R downtown

Isn't there parking at Shea Stadium?

Many others make the same commute, and they get there on time.

If your start time is 9am, then on time is 8:30. Arriving at 9:00am is LATE! You s/b at your desk ready to work when the clock strikes 9, not just coming in the door.

Its all a matter of attitude and responsibility. Aim to be in a half hour before your start time, add another half hour, and you'll never be late. This means leaving an hour earlier than presently.

Its that simple.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
GET UP EARLIER!!!

There is no excuse. The problem isn't the train, it is YOU!

Approach your job as if it is life itself, because it is. Without it you have nothing!
Quote:
If your start time is 9am, then on time is 8:30. Arriving at 9:00am is LATE! You s/b at your desk ready to work when the clock strikes 9, not just coming in the door.

Its all a matter of attitude and responsibility. Aim to be in a half hour before your start time, add another half hour, and you'll never be late. This means leaving an hour earlier than presently.

Its that simple.
Ebeneezer? Ebeneezer Scrooge, is that you? Wow, it's been a long time. Bob, Bob Cratchit. Remember I put the LSD in your cigar that one Christmas Eve? Now that was funny; you came to me the next day handing out money and crying over my Chihuahua, Tiny Tim. I bet you were really upset when you straightened out... and even more upset when you figured out I'd been skimming for years. Fortunately that Christmas bonus got me a transatlantic ticket, and the statute of limitations has long since run out anyway. I see you're back to your old tricks and no worse for the wear, so, nothing personal, but I hope I don't see you around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: