Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times

Advertisements

You cant deduct it off the rent you can violate the lease.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-26-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 06:41 PM

i do all my freaking homework about this and you know nothing about it and youre making me wrong. typical low life.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
YOU CANT DEDUCT IT OFF THE RENT YOU CAN VIOLATE THE LEASE.
YEAH! Take that attitude to the LL! And tell him to fix that goddamn fridge! Sometimes you gotta put your foot in somebody's ass to get things done!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-26-2012 at 09:00 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 08:09 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
If the apartment was supplied with a frost-free refrigerator, which I believe is what rlrl has in his unit, then it is malfunctioning if it frosts, regardless as to what refrigerators may have done in years past. Also, I believe that he has stated that he cannot just buy his own refrigerator, per his lease. If you change appliances and the landlord does not like them, they can pursue damages in addition to demanding an appliance of their choice, especially if there was a problem with an install that caused another problem.

A tenant does not have the right to throw out the landlord's property and then to take the replacement with them when they leave, so how exactly is this situation supposed to not violate the terms of the lease? rlrl does not own the property, and since the refrigerator was supplied with it, it is the property of the landlord whose use, maintenance, and repair is governed by the lease agreement, and he absolutely must adhere to that guideline to resolve the issue.
I never said to throw it away. I said to tell the landlord to come get his piece of garbage, so that "I" can purchase my OWN fridge with FULL KNOWLEDGE that when I move I will be taking it with me. There will be a WRITTEN DOCUMENT SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES agreeing to this.

The landlord is clearly cheap and I can't be bothered with the aggravation. If the LL does NOT accept my offer of purchasing my OWN fridge, then I will HASSLE, HASSLE, HASSLE him EVERYDAY until the crap he assigned to me is FIXED or REPLACED.

Unlike the OP, I'm not afraid of the LL "yelling". Who gives a damn? Since when are NYC tenants afraid of their landlords?? Never heard of that before until I read CityData.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I never said to throw it away. I said to tell the landlord to come get his piece of garbage, so that "I" can purchase my OWN fridge with FULL KNOWLEDGE that when I move I will be taking it with me. There will be a WRITTEN DOCUMENT SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES agreeing to this.

The landlord is clearly cheap and I can't be bothered with the aggravation. If the LL does NOT accept my offer of purchasing my OWN fridge, then I will HASSLE, HASSLE, HASSLE him EVERYDAY until the crap he assigned to me is FIXED or REPLACED.

Unlike the OP, I'm not afraid of the LL "yelling". Who gives a damn? Since when are NYC tenants afraid of their landlords?? Never heard of that before until I read CityData.
For the record, I did see that you said that, and did not quote your post, so I don't understand why you're directing this at me. I was referring to a subsequent post that was saying to replace it and be done with the matter, and didn't see the need to needlessly quote what was posted just above as I posted in the middle of that exchange.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
For the record, I did see that you said that, and did not quote your post, so I don't understand why you're directing this at me. I was referring to a subsequent post that was saying to replace it and be done with the matter, and didn't see the need to needlessly quote what was posted just above as I posted in the middle of that exchange.
Okay, cool. I didn't know who you were referring to.

All's good. *hugs*

Old 10-26-2012, 09:49 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Okay, cool. I didn't know who you were referring to.

All's good. *hugs*

No problem! I should get in the habit of getting a snippet of a post, but not always easy when I'm mobile.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Who gives a damn? Since when are NYC tenants afraid of their landlords??

Mine pulled a gun on me. And I STILL took him to court.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM

holy crap!! and i thought the landlords wife calling me a "pig" (because i like many others had roaches) was bad.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:16 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
If you've ever looked down the barrel of an old Colt 45...the friggen things are IMMENSE, like something out of GUNSMOKE...you learn whether or not you have good bowel control.
I don't think I've ever run so fast in my entire adult life..down the steps aout 4 at a time and 6 blocks to the police station.

Last edited by Kefir King; 10-28-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City