Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:25 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He won't be released, because there are cellphone records of him casing the first victim's apartment.

Thank you for telling me this, whew. It's just insane the way a lawyer can spin the truth to help their client. I totally understand their doing it but I will never understand how the jury can sometimes fall for it.

As relieved as I am that you told me he won't get out I don't understand how a cell phone conversation can prove he was casing the first victim? I mean I think I'm sure the police can track where a person is through their cellphone but how would prove it wasn't coincedence his being there? I hope they found rope and other stuff that could link the others to intentions of kidnapping the victims to help get them arrested too. I also don't know how his ex could find out, I must have missed something, if they aren't living together how did she find out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,280 times
Protect & Serve...

Old 10-27-2012, 01:55 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Thank you for telling me this, whew. It's just insane the way a lawyer can spin the truth to help their client. I totally understand their doing it but I will never understand how the jury can sometimes fall for it.

As relieved as I am that you told me he won't get out I don't understand how a cell phone conversation can prove he was casing the first victim? I mean I think I'm sure the police can track where a person is through their cellphone but how would prove it wasn't coincedence his being there? I hope they found rope and other stuff that could link the others to intentions of kidnapping the victims to help get them arrested too. I also don't know how his ex could find out, I must have missed something, if they aren't living together how did she find out?
I'm sorry, there aren't "phone conversations", but the FBI checked his cellphone pinging against towers in the neigborhood where she lived. They were also able to check the GPS on his phone too. Victim 1 said she doesn't know why he was there, because she never invited him over and that she didn't know him that well.

I'm sure they have more info than they're letting on, but this is enough coupled with the fact that he used police computers to get more info on those women.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
i hear you. from what little i understand, this falls under the category of sexual fetish known as 'vore'. or something that sounds like that.

as a newly single person (approaching 3 years) this kind of story sorta makes me wanna stay single! better safe than sorry.
Just don't date a cop I guess lol.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Just don't date a cop I guess lol.
most cops aren't attractive enough for me anyway. Too many dunkin donuts. And no, donuts and cops are not a cliche - i LOL each time I see cops in donuts shops

Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm sorry, there aren't "phone conversations", but the FBI checked his cellphone pinging against towers in the neigborhood where she lived. They were also able to check the GPS on his phone too. Victim 1 said she doesn't know why he was there, because she never invited him over and that she didn't know him that well.

I'm sure they have more info than they're letting on, but this is enough coupled with the fact that he used police computers to get more info on those women.

OMG I completely forgot about GPS showing his location and adding to the fact that the woman didn't invite him to her place shows he had no reason to be there except to either stalk, case the area. Unless he can prove otherwise it's enough evidence to show he was there. I never did like that the Police have access to private information without warrants but they do everyday and so does every other Law Enforcement Agency. They never need court orders unless they want to pursue someone legally. But to do that they have to first, well, snoop around to find who and/or what they are looking for.

Honestly I don't understand why they don't have a way of keeping track of who, when a Police Officer, and all Law Enforcement Personnell are searching. I wonder had there been a way to know who and why he was looking up these women in the police computers maybe they would have known he was stalking them and question him as to why. Maybe if they (all Law Enforcement/Gov't Agencies) have to use their finger print as ID to log into the computer twice once to logon and another for access to each individual they are looking into. That way it can't be done in secret when they think no one is looking and not have anyone around of authority to question them why they are looking up people without a good reason to.

I think you are right they probably do have a lot more information they aren't revealing to the public/media right now. I bet this grosses out a lot if not all of his fellow Officers. I can imagine the crap they will be subjected to because of him and the uniform they wear.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 10-27-2012 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: forgot to add last paragraph

Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Wow, the quality of nypd has really gone down lately.

Are you kidding me??? The NYPD hasn't had any "quality" in decades! Look at their history

Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Oh gosh this is not true. There have been many black serial killers in the US. True they're not as well known as Dahmer or Bundy but they have definitely existed. Grim sleeper, eugene watts, Anthony Sowell (he had 11 bodies in his house when busted), the beltway snipers... the list goes on!!

But there does seem to be something embedded in american culture concerning serial killing.

As far as this cop... I don't even know what to say except that I doubt he will do much time for planning the killing... he could say he was just fantasizing, role playing with his "accomplice" or pretending. They'll probably only get him for the improper use of the DB. Yuck!!! I hope he has to register as a sex offender.

Unfortunately it's possible he's already killed women... hopefully they're combing through missing persons and unsolved murders that could possibly be linked to him.

Gilgo beach.... When they started finding all those bodies there, the first thing I said was "I bet a cop did this". I wonder if he's the one?

Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Gilgo beach.... When they started finding all those bodies there, the first thing I said was "I bet a cop did this". I wonder if he's the one?
Interesting thought, and I'm sure it's being looked into. Suffolk PD came out right away saying they believed there might be an LE connection.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:52 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
I tried to warn this city at the beginning of the year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I predict it will be someone with military or law-enforcment background preying on vulnerable poor females and he don't make mistakes.
Luckily he made mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: