Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM

116 posts, read 240,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo107 View Post
I believe cdl training has started. If so that's a good sign for you guys
They can't start cdl training before pre orientation. Thats when u sign up for it. . I have a friend otj & he hasn't even heard or seen a teletype asking for trainers yet, so I doubt what you say could be correct. Maybe you are confusing it with the other training that the Oct class missed out on because of the storm when they were pulled out of class early, someone here said recently they had to go back to fbf for that

Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM

185 posts, read 319,950 times
Just repeating what was told from someone who works at fbf.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
They can't start cdl training before pre orientation. Thats when u sign up for it. . I have a friend otj & he hasn't even heard or seen a teletype asking for trainers yet, so I doubt what you say could be correct. Maybe you are confusing it with the other training that the Oct class missed out on because of the storm when they were pulled out of class early, someone here said recently they had to go back to fbf for that

Many who already went to pre-orientation didn't get hired already. Many didn't get the chance to take the CDL course there because the classes got filled up. These people can still take the CDL at FBF. There would be no teletype asking for trainers...that's for the class for new hires. CDL training is done by the regular staff that works at FBF daily. The last class hired did have to go back for broom/FEL though most should have completed that already (I know they did weeks ago in my garage)

All that being said...I have no idea if there is or isn't anything down at FBF....but I'm sure someone could simply call and ask

Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Many who already went to pre-orientation didn't get hired already. Many didn't get the chance to take the CDL course there because the classes got filled up. These people can still take the CDL at FBF. There would be no teletype asking for trainers...that's for the class for new hires. CDL training is done by the regular staff that works at FBF daily. The last class hired did have to go back for broom/FEL though most should have completed that already (I know they did weeks ago in my garage)

All that being said...I have no idea if there is or isn't anything down at FBF....but I'm sure someone could simply call and ask
Oh, ok. Didn't realize that there were so many people who never got to do the cdl last time. Maybe it is something then. But it seems like theres well over 100 people waiting that already have the cdl. this city sure wastes money. Look at all the people who ended up getting basically free cdl training & will never be called because this list is about to expire. I wonder how many who took the test in 07 will take it again 6 years later...... you would think most people would be settled in a job by now.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Cdl training ain't free lol. The city will collect on the people who took it and didn't get hired

Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Cdl training ain't free lol. The city will collect on the people who took it and didn't get hired
when? You think when this list expires they will charge those who were not hired? Somewhere here I read they do not, Anyone know?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:46 PM

Don't u sign something when u take it saying its like 900 bux or something like that?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Don't u sign something when u take it saying its like 900 bux or something like that?
I think thats for when you get hired. They take $25 a week from your check till it's paid. But I know someone who took the cdl training in 08 & just missed being called. Then the hiring freeze came & when he finally got called 2 and a half years later at the end of 2010, he turned it down. I dont think he ever got a bill or anything

Old 04-19-2013, 03:52 PM

I know if u fail u still have to pay. Honestly if the city doesn't come after the money I'd be completely shocked

Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
How do they handle the guys that alreadly have a CDL & experiance driving trucks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City