Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 11,310 times

Advertisements

Thanks to everyone who responded. My trip to the South Bronx was pretty simple. I had to walk South down White Plains Blvd. to Bruckner about 7 blocks. It reminded me a lot of South Philadelphia. The walk would not have been so bad if I didn't wear my new shoes that were killing my feet. I'll catch the bus the next time. NY is such an interesting place. I'll be back!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,593,817 times
Hey, glad it all worked out for you! Shame IMO that so many on this forum try to scare the living *** outta everyone, but them's the breaks.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,987,291 times
As usual...this young man was not attacked, harassed, stabbed or killed. Had he listened to someone like Hustla, he would have expected to be caught in the middle of a warzone with gunshots flying, stabbings, and bombs. The Bronx, and everywhere else in the city, is perfectly fine...the 70s are over.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:26 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,784,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
As usual...this young man was not attacked, harassed, stabbed or killed. Had he listened to someone like Hustla, he would have expected to be caught in the middle of a warzone with gunshots flying, stabbings, and bombs. The Bronx, and everywhere else in the city, is perfectly fine...the 70s are over.
The funny part is I didn't even post once in this thread. Keep my name out your mouth. That area has it's problems but no one said he was guarenteed dead. Yes there is a real risk of robbery for example but it is not guarenteed. Why? Many other people have been robbed on that strip. So the risk is very real.

You exaggerate things in your own head and you have little knowledge about the Bronx and it's problems. It's pretty sad. Your limited to what you read in the New York Times.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 AM

I would prefer to keep your name out of my mouht infortunately you insist on dragging the borough down far more than is deserved. The risk is also very real of getting hit by a car crossing the street in midtown, so how about you invest your time warning people to stay out of manhattan too.

The Bronx has its problems, as does everywhere else in the world, so common precautions will suffice...as has been evidenced by this young man's experience.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,784,055 times
Quote:
I would prefer to keep your name out of my mouht infortunately you insist on dragging the borough down far more than is deserved. The risk is also very real of getting hit by a car crossing the street in midtown, so how about you invest your time warning people to stay out of manhattan too.

The Bronx has its problems, as does everywhere else in the world, so common precautions will suffice...as has been evidenced by this young man's experience.
Again, I did not even post in this topic before you mentioned me.

I don't drag down the Bronx. Riverdale, Country Club, Pelham Bay, these are decent places to live.

THE SOUTH BRONX IS NOT A DECENT PLACE TO LIVE. IT IS THE GHETTO.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM

There are a number of people who would disagree with you, there are areas in Mott Haven, Melrose, etc that are perfectly decent. Are there gucci stores on every corner? Nope. A starbucks every 3 feet? Not yet. Is there crime? Yup. Do I feel safe? Yup. could the area stand more amenities? Sure. Do I enjoy my commute to the city? heck yeah. My neighborhood is very family oriented, with church being the glue that keeps everyone together. I walk down the street and say hi to friends and family....so overlal...I would say that Mott Haven is a decent palce to live. Is it perfect? Nope. Can it improve? yes..and it is improving. Is it for everyone..nope....and neither is riverdale or the neighborhoods you claim are "decent"...whatever that means.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM

33,723 posts, read 46,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Again, I did not even post in this topic before you mentioned me.

I don't drag down the Bronx. Riverdale, Country Club, Pelham Bay, these are decent places to live.

THE SOUTH BRONX IS NOT A DECENT PLACE TO LIVE. IT IS THE GHETTO.
sorry to say but this is true.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM

I understand Seventh Floor...all things being equal...it would not be my first choice..or probably not make the top 10! However, for what I can afford, the proximity I want to the city, and the space I want, it is the best choice for me. So in that respect..it has met all my needs, and my experience there has been decent. It is clearly not for everyone, but to simply dismiss the entire area as not decent for ANYONE or any purpose is absurd.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,617,663 times
Quote:
I understand Seventh Floor...all things being equal...it would not be my first choice..or probably not make the top 10! However, for what I can afford, the proximity I want to the city, and the space I want, it is the best choice for me. So in that respect..it has met all my needs, and my experience there has been decent. It is clearly not for everyone, but to simply dismiss the entire area as not decent for ANYONE or any purpose is absurd.
sorry to say but this is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City