Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 PM

387 posts, read 679,907 times

Advertisements

The Bronx sucks. I hate going there. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Thanks for that insightful comment Baby Punisher. And really, we should really be putting alot of stock in someone named "Baby Punisher" who hates an entire borough!

On behalf of the great borough of the Bronx, I can state unequivocally and as 1 voice: The feeling is mutual. Please stay in Staten Island...just don't forget your lifejacket.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The Bronx sucks. I hate going there. I try to avoid it as much as possible.
I hate people who punish babies.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true, it took nearly 800 years for the Spanish to flush out the Moors out of Europe. Spain may have had plenty of blacks b before the Arab Conquests, you should remember centuries before the Roman Empire existed which also included much of North Africa many, probably many North Africans and Sub Sarahan Africans lived in SPain which is only 8 miles away from Africa. The area in Northern Spain that remained free from Arab control was called Austurias, and later on Charlemange King of the Franks and Lombards conquered Barcelona helping to establish Marca Hispania or Spanish March. Ausurias and Spanish March will both grow and eventually become Kingdoms and then a united Spain by 1500. But Spaniards are very mixed, Greek, Celt, Roman, GErman, Arab, North African,Viking. Many shades and textures
Many people from Spain are extremely racist......

Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Though once you start talking to a black Dominican and they have Spanish accent they don't seem typically "black". Even the ones who are born seem like they have a different accent than most African-Americans.
It is a well-known fact, here and everywhere that Dominicans denied their Black History, why, I do not know. Many of them are very handsome and beautiful..............

Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
I don't understand nor give two ***** about whether Dominicans and PRs consider themselves black or white. Really, why does it even matter? What is a neighborhood only good if black people are the minority? So the N.E Bronx is better if those dusky looking people are Hispanic and not the dreaded A.A., caribean, or African black? This is B.S.
The problem is well-known to everyone: SUPERMARIO DENIES HIS BLACKNESS...........

Old 12-21-2012, 04:02 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Many people from Spain are extremely racist......
Northern Italians are also racist towards Southern Italians, they call them n****z.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Though once you start talking to a black Dominican and they have Spanish accent they don't seem typically "black". Even the ones who are born seem like they have a different accent than most African-Americans.
There is no such thing as a typical black person. African Americans don't have all the same accent, plus there are black people around the world. You should free your mind of stereotypes.

As for those saying Dominicans deny their blackness, I suppose you guys know every Dominican in the world to be able to make this claim?

But to be fair, you have black americans who despise their African heritage as well. I knew a black guy who bleached his hair blonde, put in blue contacts, and told me he was English, Irish, and Welsh. He was a black guy from Tennessee. Of course, we've had black americans who bleached themselves and had cosmetic surgery to be less black (Michael Jackson and Lil Kim). I've known Creoles from Louisiana who were pretty black, but only went on about their French ancestry. So I really don't know why people want to say black hispanics have problems with their blackness, when quite clearly so do some black americans. For that matter, you have people who bleach their skin in African countries. Because of the history of how things played out, you have an element of blacks anywhere in the world that think that everything Europeans do is correct, and they can be Dominican, Puerto Rican, African American, Haitian, Jamaican, or whatever.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
The problem is well-known to everyone: SUPERMARIO DENIES HIS BLACKNESS...........
Well, did he go all out and bleach himself as white as snow like Michael Jackson? LOL

Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,530,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well, did he go all out and bleach himself as white as snow like Michael Jackson? LOL

No he just describes the DR as a near white country and claims that those who are darker arent TRUE Dominicans as they are "contaminated" with Haitians. Apparently he doesnt embrace the diversity that the DR represents. That of Sto Domingo, SP de Macoris, Samana, and areas bordering Haiti, as he embraces the "whiter" parts of the island like the Cibao.

BTW the issue isnt whether he calls himself "black" or not. Its his attempt to reduce some Dominicans to a level below others by virtue of having more obvious African ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City