Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 AM

314 posts, read 545,367 times

Advertisements

LOL, SuperMario's getting furious. Honestly, if Hatian immigrants came to the D.R in the 1800s, they are no longer Hatians, they're Dominicans. Are Spaniards that came to the DR in the 1600s still Spaniards? No, they're Domicans.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscbrown View Post
how is the interaccial dating in brooklyn?? I want to go to the CUNY school here and then transfer to FIT in manhatten

if I like latino men, would it be hard to get one?? I am african american by the way

i heard its very hard in LA (where I was going to move but now probably wont), they usually stick with their own kind and look down on us =( and the black people there are leaving to other parts of cali and down south so my dating life would be non existent
What is your interest in Latino men in NYC? As for interracial daring in Brooklyn their isbplenty of it from different cultural perspectives. Since your a Transplant or an out of townernor Townie in hip areasbof Brooklyn their is plenty of interracial dating goinf on from white guys dating Asian women, to black guys with white women and again white guys with black women. Also note in these hip areas regardless of race think and act alike to some extent. You will be more lucky meet and date an outof town Mexican American who recently moved to Williamsburg vs a Puerto Rican guy who rarely dates black women unless he is open to it. But I must say whatever Latino guy is gonna date you he will be lucky. When you reverse your back in his face and he pulls down your jeans and two chocolate morsels pop out out like pa pow pa pow. Seriously I wish I would be him. At least op you know whay you want. But here in NYC mostly Dominican men will mess witj African American women, not much Puerto Ricans and Mexicans also a no no. Also try to venture into intelligentsia, hip areas of the city which you migjg run into an educated open minded latino man. I thought there is plenty of interracial dating and marriages going on in Cali? Yoi know this past year in Harlem I came across this Socal chick, she is half Mexican from her father and half black from her mother, she was real cute, we spoke, I asked for her digits but she was not feeling, she had a Yoga book, probably on the Yuppie side of things like most female Transplants.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,042,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What is your interest in Latino men in NYC? .
She wants to learn how to "dance" salsa!!!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,015,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
Some of you users here are waaaaaay too race obsessed. One of you actually got one of those DNA tests!? Aren't those things like over $500!?

Anyways, why can't people agree that Dominicans can come in many shades just like Americans, Cubans and Brazilians? You guys can CHERRY PICK and dig up however many pictures of Dominicans that fit your personal ideal as you want but i'm sure the reality is that there are:
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look White
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Black
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Mulatto
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Native.
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look like a combo of any of the above

^^ .... because I have personally seen Dominicans that fit ALL of the above phenotypes.... but to be honest, the majority of them have leaned towards the mulatto/black phenotype (obviously not as black as the "stereotypical" haitian/african but like J.Cole or J.Holiday for example).
$99 not $500+.

The above post is accurate. We come in all shades. To say Dominicans are black is to ignore the diversity of the DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarValBoi View Post
And you are the typical Haitian hating Dominican that eats up anything your government tells you. You probably bleach your skin and hate natural hair.

Cool, I'm posting in the NYC subsection under US Forums.

In America, you're black. Dominicans are part of the African diaspora, they just have a history of stigma against black people. And its always specifically Dominicans, not any other people of African descent in Latin America. I still stand by my original statement.
Quiet blacky. Tell me more about how people like Mariah Carey are black too. One droppist fool. Just cause your hair cant get wet, doesn't mean you have to force us all to join the likes of of you. LMAO at you using a rule that was from the 1800's, and used to keep your people down. Slave mentality. Ok? Blackie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinmets73 View Post
I've always wondered if the Domicans in the DR are more likely to look like the ones I see playing in the MLB, or the ones I see in Washington Heights.
Washington Heights. Most of the MLB players come from the east and Capital, where black "Dominicans" (Haitian descendants) are abundant. They are not representative. The Heights has people from all levels of society (minus the very rich).

Quote:
LOL, SuperMario's getting furious. Honestly, if Hatian immigrants came to the D.R in the 1800s, they are no longer Hatians, they're Dominicans. Are Spaniards that came to the DR in the 1600s still Spaniards? No, they're Domicans.
No, I just don't understand how Haitian descendants represent Dominicans. It's not like these people legally migrate to the DR. We are two different countries. It's like saying the average American is a Pancho Villa look alike, due to the Mexican immigration. The original Spanish, Native, and African stock is ok by me. That's what we are. But this superficial blackening by Haitians does NOT represent the DR. It represents Haitian diversity. Not ours. How can you be Dominican and look jet black? When the DR has been mixing since the 1400's.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM

Like I said, Hatian immigrants who have been living in D.R for 150 years are Dominicans. 15 or 20 years, different story.

It's also unfair to call Domicans black, when they are cleary a mix. However, I believe many of the people saying this don't really believe Dominicans are black, and are simply saying this to goad Supermario into going off on his anti black tirades in defense of his precious, 50% European (LOL in his dreams) "true Dominicans"

Supermario, think twice about the offensive things you're saying. Uncalled for.

To the OP, most latinos will prefer light skinned, straight haired women. However, men being men, you'll have no problem finding a latino man.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 AM

Every time I read this thread the thought of Sammy Sosa and his awful bleached skin keeps popping into my head. Ughh.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Like I said, Hatian immigrants who have been living in D.R for 150 years are Dominicans. 15 or 20 years, different story.

It's also unfair to call Domicans black, when they are cleary a mix. However, I believe many of the people saying this don't really believe Dominicans are black, and are simply saying this to goad Supermario into going off on his anti black tirades in defense of his precious, 50% European (LOL in his dreams) "true Dominicans"

To the OP, most latinos will prefer light skinned, straight haired women. However, men being men, you'll have no problem finding a latino man.
23andme Genetic results of Dominicans.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CL2T54EF#gid=0

Hmm wow. It's broken down by region too. According to that one, the average DR is about 65% European, BUT, I will admit, that most people who took that test are from the north, which is the whitest part of the country (which is why you see so many 80-90% Euro Dominicans). Here is another study:

ForumBiodiversity.com » Anthropology Biodiversity Forum (ABF)

This one has us at 47%, but this includes all the Haitian-descendants. So its really somewhere in the middle. Again, it greatly depends on the region.

And I'm not saying that black Dominicans don't exist, all I'm saying is that there is more to us than that. Just cause you see images of DR slums on the news, or MLB players from the blackest regions on TV, doesn't mean we all look like that. Heck, for us being on the same island as the blackest country in the western hemisphere, I'd say we're pretty white. Haha.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Every time I read this thread the thought of Sammy Sosa and his awful bleached skin keeps popping into my head. Ughh.
Hope the images of Jamaicans pops into your head too, it's pretty popular there.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:

The average Dominican are more darker than me as well has more kinky hair than I do and yes I am a Mulatto with sprinkle of Indian blended in. True men are men, if a chick shows interest in a dude and a dude is not chasing, she has done most of the work of courtship instead of a man generally donig that, its no brainer for a man to bag that up. Both histories of Haiti and Dominican Republic are intertwined since the day Columbus landed on La Navidad creating the first European settlement in the New World to the treaty between Spain and France dividing the Island one side called Saint Domingue and the other Santo DOminigo. How I see Haiti and DR are the same crap just one side is heavily African and the other side is lesser African. Plenty of Dominican women us hair oroducts designed for women with African hair, and Dominican men use relaxers for their hair is well, thankfully I dont have to use that.

Last how did he get to a Black American woman who only desire is to have a relationship with only Latino men, to two Caribbean countries who share the Island of Hispaniola which is located in between Cuba Jamaica and Puerto Rico?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Hope the images of Jamaicans pops into your head too, it's pretty popular there.
I know this. Sammy Sosa comes to mind because he's Dominican, and Dominicans are what's being discussed in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City